Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN All Other Issues
draxx
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:58 pm Reply with quote

Basically I want center blocks to appear in all modules - and not just the home module.

Since I have the blocks by module installed (which I realize may not work for this without modification) but I figure I am close to being able to have different center blocks in all the modules ... or no center blocks if I so choose.

I'm almost sure there is a single line of code somewhere that is telling it "if not home page skip center blocks" .... anyone have any idea where that line is?

After reading the other topic I will go investigate header.php ... but I rather expected it to be somewhere in blocks functions ?

Last edited by draxx on Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total 
draxx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:14 pm Reply with quote

Okay that was fast.
At the bottom of header.php I find:

if (defined('HOME_FILE')) {
message_box();
blocks('Center');
}

I changed it to this:

if (defined('HOME_FILE')) {
message_box();
blocks('Center');
} else {
blocks('Center');

}

And I do get the option to add center blocks at the top but when I add them at the bottom they don't appear.

So now I wonder if this has to do with the blocks function I modified or something else and I will go investigate that now.

I wanted to post back here just in case someone already knows whats up with that.

draxx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:39 pm Reply with quote

Okay silly me ...

in Footer there is a similar line as in header for the bottom blocks.

I just had to add a similar else statement and now it displays them in all modules as defined by the block manager.

OMG you guys this is just sooooooooooo slick! If you guys don't include this in the next version I'm gonna ... well ... pull a single strand of hair off each one of your heads! Laughing Wink

Hey don't get me wrong - its not a "ravennuked" mod - it would need to be translated for proper database calls ... but the dynamic content that I can now display ..... the power that I have gotten from changing 5 lines of code and adding 1 sql table(someone elses work) and 1 admin section(someone elses work) for blocks management is just amazing.

Okay I admit I did edit the admin section some... it wouldent return you to the right page when you changed a blocks position and that was annoying ..... and when you arrange blocks you do it with the arrows like in the old version .... I much prefer the new way but changing that I think is over my head so I run with it the way it is....

But in ravennuke files all I have changed is 5 lines ..... Just 5 LINES! Smile

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:40 pm Reply with quote

It shouldn't be related to your changes.

This will require some digging to figure out. I am not sure what displays the "bottom" blocks. I would assume that blocks('Center'); displays both. If that is true I think you are going to have a problem getting this to work.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
draxx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:44 pm Reply with quote

Palbin wrote:
It shouldn't be related to your changes.

This will require some digging to figure out. I am not sure what displays the "bottom" blocks. I would assume that blocks('Center'); displays both. If that is true I think you are going to have a problem getting this to work.

Beat ya to it Palbin! Smile Hheheheh I type too fast sometimes.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:41 am Reply with quote

How about a link so I can see this because I just don't have a frame of reference Bang Head

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN All Other Issues

View next topic
View previous topic