Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN New Installation Issues
jlajax
Ardent RavenCMS Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:23 pm Reply with quote

Greetings good people,

I have a new RN 2.3 install that is not porting the news feed to other sites. I used the exact same source files a week ago and the news feeds from that installation are porting as they should. I have checked and the NukeFeed module is active. If I look at backend.php on the site in question it displays the news and has the correct link displayed (
Quote:
http://www.somewebsite.com/html/feeds-1-rss20.xml
) I compared this info to working source links and all appears to me to be correct. I have deleted and reset up the news feed and I still get the following error message when attempting to display the feed in another website.

Quote:
A feed could not be found at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I re-uploaded all of the files to ensure that I did indeed have all of the files. I received no error messages the second time either. I am curious have I missed something obvious? Any suggestions on what I did wrong?

Many thanks!

RavensScripts

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:37 pm Reply with quote

This sounds like a problem with the other website, especially if you can view the content yourself.

jlajax

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:48 pm Reply with quote

If that is the case it is all of my network which I have many other news feeds in from other RN Portals. It gives me the same message no matter which portal I try to port the feed to.

RavensScripts RavensScripts

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:10 pm Reply with quote

Is the new site on a new domain? If so, has the dns propagated yet?

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:10 pm Reply with quote

Did you check the files to see if something was changed or missing before uploading? If so, I don't see the benefit of uploading the files again.

If you can't view the feed correctly through an external feed reader like iGoogle, there could be one or more of several issues:
- the Feeds module isn't active
- the Feeds module isn't visible to the public (feed readers can't login as members or admins - but you can if viewing the feed in your browser)
- something in .htaccess is blocking the feed
- DNS issues as nuken described

If you can view the feed correctly via an external feed reader (e.g. iGoogle), and the feed validates, clearly the issue is on the site(s) trying to consume the feed.

If those sites are using RN and displaying the feeds via a block or via the RSS reader in Your Account, they are using nukePIE, which shouldn't have any issues as nukePIE will display the feed in any format, even if the cache folder isn't writeable (having the cache folder writeable greatly improves performance).

If they aren't using RN or nukePIE, it's possible that the feed reader can't handle an RSS 2.0 format - and you can change the format of the feed to RSS092 (this is the default that standard Nuke sites can handle) on those sites.

jlajax

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:00 am Reply with quote

Man I love you guys!!! I had the source feed set to admin only..!!! I should have caught that one I think. I changed it to all visitors and voila the feed is working as it should. I kknew it had to be me and I was missing something and it was as plain as the nose on my face. Thanks Guys!

RavensScripts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN New Installation Issues

View next topic
View previous topic