Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues
Brujo
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:08 am Reply with quote

Hi together, first i like this Module, but it seems i have some issues

first with the cpsetup.php - if i call this as admin from my Browser i just get redirected automatically to index.php. I figgured out it does this after the line
Quote:
include("header.php");

the 2 issue with the pdf function and i get the following errors:
Quote:
Warning: Wrong parameter count for ereg_replace() in /srv/www/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/modules/Content/var/fpdf/html2fpdf.php on line 263 Warning: substr_count(): Empty substring in /srv/www/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/modules/Content/var/fpdf/html2fpdf.php on line 263 FPDF error: Some data has already been output, can't send PDF file

for me as a workaround would be also if i can just disable the pdf funktion and keep all other

jestrella

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:09 am Reply with quote

Please download the latest release from my site, if I am right all those issues should be corrected now. All corrections are also included in next release of RavenNuke...

Here's the link: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Best Regards
Jonathan Estrella [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
dad7732
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:59 pm Reply with quote

Does Content Plus work ok on RN 2.20.0x ? Any issues to speak of?

Cheers

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:44 pm Reply with quote

Dad, it would be a lot less complicated to upgrade to 2.30 from 2.20 than it would be to worry about running content plus on 2.20. The Rnteam can't "regression test" everything. From what I know, content plus would probably run just fine on 2.20 and the upcoming 2.30.01 will, as jestrella says, incorporate a few fine tuning fixes but you will find the path is considerably smoother by staying up to the latest RN releases.

dad7732

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:20 pm Reply with quote

On the production site that I'm questioning is not all that easy to update to 2.30 and not to be used as a test site, but I can test it on another 2.20.0 site and I'll post back here with results in case someone else is interested. Was just looking for a quick answer ...

Cheers

dad7732

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:51 pm Reply with quote

Installed the latest version on a 2.20.10 test domain and I get this error when clicking on the PDF icon:

FPDF error: Some data has already been output, can't send PDF file

Followed the instructions, removed the existing content module and uplooaded the new files, etc., ran cpsetup and chose the first option to install Content Plus, not "upgrade". Message at the end said "succesful", etc.

Then added a category and content.

Cheers

dad7732

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:22 pm Reply with quote

Appears to be theme related as I'm using a Kalgash theme - Dreams on this particular test domain. Switching to "fisubice" works with the PDF just fine.

dad7732

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:41 pm Reply with quote

Ok, working well with RN 2.20.10, no problems. However, one observation to pass along to Netscape and/or Firefox users that installed the new Acrobat Reader version 9. This version installs two plugins in the Tools => Addons => Plugins menu. DISABLE BOTH plugins.

Cheers

jestrella

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:33 pm Reply with quote

Might be that your theme is outputting some code before the PDF creation function is called, take a deeper look at your theme and check if this is the situation here...

dad7732

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:45 pm Reply with quote

Like I mentioned, C-Plus works quite well in RN 2.20.10 with default Nuke themes, just not with the Kalgash Dreams theme regarding the PDF error. Doesn't matter because I don't use the Content on that domain anyway. Smile

Cheers

jestrella

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:52 pm Reply with quote

Nevermind... Just letting you know possible causes of this little problem Laughing

dad7732

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:02 pm Reply with quote

Yes, and appreciate it very much but I really have no desire or for that matter the experience to de-bug stuff like this. Sad

I always advocate not straying too far away from defaults which includes the packaged themes. Smile

Cheers

Brujo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:22 pm Reply with quote

jestrella wrote:
Please download the latest release from my site, if I am right all those issues should be corrected now. All corrections are also included in next release of RavenNuke...

Here's the link: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

thanks the issue with FPDF error: Some data has already been output, can't send PDF file is now gone

but i am still struggling with the cpsetup.php which redirects me automatically to index.php, i did manually comment out all "include header" and than I was able to do the DB update

i have no glue why i am redirected after the include header, any hint would be helpfull..

Brujo

jestrella

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:27 pm Reply with quote

That's really strange... I'll try to dig into it and post back

jestrella

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:30 pm Reply with quote

Have you done any special changes to header.php fiile???

Brujo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:59 pm Reply with quote

jestrella wrote:
Have you done any special changes to header.php fiile???

no, it is Ravenuke 2.3 without modification at this time, i am wondering if it has something to do with php variables but no idea

dad7732

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:19 pm Reply with quote

I got the same error using a 3rd party theme, are you using one of the default themes in the 2.3 package?

What version of Acrobat Reader? What browser? Is the reader set to display in the browser as a plugin?

Brujo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:27 am Reply with quote

@jestrella
i did a plain new testinstallation then copied the contentplus 2.2.1 version to his place and i use the standard theme. However if i call cpsetup.php i get automatically redircted to index.php and this makes me a bit worry

any hint will be very appreciate i realy will get this issue fixed

@dad7732 after i downloaded the 2.2.1 Version the fpdf error was gone even with my custom theme

dad7732

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:17 am Reply with quote

jestrella:

One more question as this is getting a bit OT for RN.

How can I make "Oldest First" the default. I number my content and for example I have more than 10 content entries, the index shows up as:

If "Oldest First" was the default then number 10 would follow number 9.

Also, the <p> tag causes everything below it to not display in PDF. Must use <br><br> instead.

Cheers

jestrella

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:44 am Reply with quote

dad7732 wrote:
If "Oldest First" was the default then number 10 would follow number 9.

Makes sense... will be checking that.

Quote:
Also, the <p> tag causes everything below it to not display in PDF. Must use <br><br> instead.

Have not notice that, will find a way to workaround that

dad7732

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:53 am Reply with quote

Thanks, and it would also be nice to have the UI option to display more than 10 entries per page. I found out how in the script but maybe it should be in the UI. Thanks for your efforts ---- GREAT application!! Smile

Keep up the good work!

dad7732

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:41 pm Reply with quote

Although I have a custom theme that works after modifying it for RN 2.3, the PDF feature still does not work. Where do I look other than theme.php for fixing this OR is this able to be fixed in theme.php ?

I downloaded the very latest CP and still does not fix this theme issue.

Cheers

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:59 am Reply with quote

Do you get any errors in your log?

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
dad7732

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:26 pm Reply with quote

No errors in the log, just this when I click on the PDF icon:

FPDF error: Some data has already been output, can't send PDF file

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:30 pm Reply with quote

Are you using ShortLinks? If so, did you update the .htaccess file with the changes for it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic