Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Converting/Creating Blocks
NeapolitanWorld
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:36 pm Reply with quote

I have a site php nuke 7.6 patched which heavily uses Site Messenger 1.4. I'm trying to migrate to Raven Nuke 2.3, and when installing the Site Messenger module and block, it will not work in Raven Nuke. Does anyone know what modifications need to be made, or if there is a download available that is valid for Raven Nuke?

Thanks in advance,
jc

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:07 pm Reply with quote

It could be the $dbi issue that has been reported here. Where can the module be downloaded from?

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:31 pm Reply with quote

I could not find anywhere to download. If anyone needs this module and block PM me.

Thanks
jc

Last edited by NeapolitanWorld on Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:39 pm Reply with quote

Yes, it uses $dbi so the script must be around 3-4 years old.

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:46 pm Reply with quote

Is it possible for you to link me to the $dbi thread discussed here already. I tried to search it but had hundreds of search results and was unable to find the answer. I would assume it has to do with replacing $dbi code for???

Regards,
jc

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:58 pm Reply with quote

It is actually in this forum; [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I may convert it myself but it won't be for a week or so as I am just so busy at the moment.

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:00 pm Reply with quote

You beat me to it G. Wink

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:25 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
It is actually in this forum; [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I may convert it myself but it won't be for a week or so as I am just so busy at the moment.

Thanks!
I see $dbi all over the place in that code. Might have to patiently wait for you to get that. I'm not too familiar with code.

Regards,
jc

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:38 pm Reply with quote

NeapolitanWorld, your email address is bouncing all attempts to reach you. Please correct it ASAP. Thanks.

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:46 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
NeapolitanWorld, your email address is bouncing all attempts to reach you. Please correct it ASAP. Thanks.

Sorry about that! I had not updated my profile.
I can also be reached here in your site via PM.

Best Regards,
jc

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:07 pm Reply with quote

NeapolitanWorld - I have reviewed the code for this module and I just wanted to let you know I will not be converting it. The code is just too old and requires too much effort (to do it properly) to get the end result.
Are you using PHP5 ? If you are, then you might be better using something like Live Chat from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

kb9nha
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:23 pm Reply with quote

Or PHP 121 Instant Messenger

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quote

kb9nha wrote:

But isn't that vulnerable?

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:38 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
NeapolitanWorld - I have reviewed the code for this module and I just wanted to let you know I will not be converting it. The code is just too old and requires too much effort (to do it properly) to get the end result.
Are you using PHP5 ? If you are, then you might be better using something like Live Chat from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Hey thanks for the suggestion!
I'll check on both options, and if more can let me know on the php 121 and the security would be appreciated.

Regards,
jc

kb9nha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:34 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
kb9nha wrote:

But isn't that vulnerable?

I've used it. So far, I don't have any security issues with it. There's lots of IM modules out there for you to install if you know how to look for it.
You ca also use Xat Chat Box (http://xat.com/web_gear/?cb) which is very easy to install. All you have to do is paste the embed code.

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:31 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
If you are, then you might be better using something like Live Chat from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

It seamed like an easy enough installation but I get the following:
Error accessing the server!

kb9nha, 121 seams like it has potential, but looking at the modifications on block-modules and the other block. I don't think it will work "out of the box" with RavenNuke 2.30, if I'm wrong please advice. I guess the purpose of these forums is to get good advice, instead of spending countless hours looking for something. If there is a IM out there that works very similar to the one first mentioned, that be very nice to know Very Happy

Regards,
jc

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:21 am Reply with quote

NeapolitanWorld wrote:
Guardian2003 wrote:
If you are, then you might be better using something like Live Chat from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Easy fix to this:

Add this to the top of liveChat.php, under the < ?php tag...

Code:
define('INCLUDE_PATH', '');

Still interested in the 121, as I'm not really looking for a chat, but rather a IM between two members. If anyone can advice would be appreciated.

jc

kb9nha

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:44 am Reply with quote

NeapolitanWorld wrote:
Guardian2003 wrote:

kb9nha, 121 seams like it has potential, but looking at the modifications on block-modules and the other block. I don't think it will work "out of the box" with RavenNuke 2.30, if I'm wrong please advice. I guess the purpose of these forums is to get good advice, instead of spending countless hours looking for something. If there is a IM out there that works very similar to the one first mentioned, that be very nice to know Very Happy

Regards,
jc

I'm using RavenNuke(tm) & it works on my site.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:14 am Reply with quote

NeapolitanWorld wrote:
Raven wrote:

Sorry about that! I had not updated my profile.
I can also be reached here in your site via PM.

Best Regards,
jc

Please update your email profile so that I will stop getting the bounced messages. Thanks!

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:42 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:

Please update your email profile so that I will stop getting the bounced messages. Thanks!

Sorry about that Raven. I thought that I had updated but for some reason I did not complete the process. Now I'm sure I have a good e-mail on your site Cool

Thanks! kb9nha also for the PM. You did a great job with your site. I'll have to give 121 a try at it Smile

jc

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:47 am Reply with quote

The last known vulnerable version of PHP 121 was v 2.2 according to secunia.com

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:04 pm Reply with quote

I just want to let membership know that I installed the latest php121 version 3.1.2. (http://www.php121.com/download.php) and it went with out a hitch. Pretty easy install, the only thing is that it placed a links in my Modules "Instant Messenger" above the "Home" link Neutral with the block-module they provide, very simple to switch the code around and change it to the bottom.

I'm wondering does anyone know of a custom block, which displays the same features/content as when clicking the pop up?

Regards,
jc

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:33 pm Reply with quote

Spoke too soon with php121!
Actually this adds fields to nuke_users table and will likely mess up your registration. It was removed from my site and did not use it. If you are looking to add this to your site, you should consider this first.

Regards,
jc

* edited by moderator *

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:11 am Reply with quote

jc, I edited out your quote of your previous post since it is just unnecessary duplication. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Converting/Creating Blocks

View next topic
View previous topic