Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues
papamike
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:10 am Reply with quote

The new RavenNuke(tm) release 2.3.0 allows for uploading attachments within the forums while versions before 2.3.0 did not. This is affecting some themes created before the RN 2.3.0 release. If you are getting errors such as 'cannot find posting_attach_body.tpl' while attempting to send Private Messages or new forum post while you are using any earlier themes then you will need to download this .zip file http://www.papamikecreations.net/posted_attachments_body.zip which contains the needed files to fix the error(s). Unzip the archive and drop the contents into the themes forum folder. This should correct the errors. The .zip file contains: 4 tpl files and an admin folder. these files are new to theme forums and are included in the upgrade version PHP-Nuked bbtonuke v2.0.23: by Evaders99. This is ONLY if you have upgraded to RavenNuke(tm) 2.3.0.

jestrella

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:40 am Reply with quote

Thanks for your input papamike, it's very appreciated. I think this does not affect themes that do not include custom forum themes as they fallback to fisubice that already have all needed files.

So... just update external themes that include custom forum themes.

Best Regards
Jonathan Estrella [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:40 am Reply with quote

If you are using one of the stock themes on your site and you have upgraded, then these files are included in the package and therefore there is no need to upload the files.

Only if you haven't uploaded the files within the theme directory from the RN 2.3.0 package will you need to upload the above files.

Just thought I better clarify that. Wink

Last edited by jakec on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total 
jakec

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:43 am Reply with quote

jestrella,

yes you are correct themes without a forum folder default to using the subSilver template which is contained within the /modules/Forums/templates/ subSilver folder and this includes the necessary files.

papamike

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:59 am Reply with quote

If you have a copy of fisubice that is from an earlier version of RN it may need to have the files added to it's forum. That is where the error was first noticed.

jakec

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:29 pm Reply with quote

Yes, but if they upload the fisubice theme folder from the RN 2.3.0 package the files are in the folder.

papamike

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:34 pm Reply with quote

That's true, I was addressing those who may have customized their fisubice theme and weren't using the new one. I guess I should have been more clear on that.

jakec

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:40 pm Reply with quote

No problem, that's is just why I thought I should clarify. Wink

jestrella

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:20 pm Reply with quote

Keep it up papamike
Cheers

bugsTHoR
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:49 pm Reply with quote

i lost 2 days worth of spamming my Forum lol

that`ll teach me to look for fixes first before starting the upgrades.

thanks for the INFOs

Clanthemes.com are great (free advertisements for now until i get to 20,000 posts LoL) 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic