Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums
 

 

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> FCKeditor/WYSIWYG Issues
Author Message
rorie
Regular
Regular


Joined: Jul 27, 2008
Posts: 50

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:35 pm Reply with quote

Image

i re uploaded the includes folder worked the 1st time but then the 2nd it did not. this all started when i used a script to change my password. i am desperate to have this problem fixed. i went from phpnuke to this & i really want to start working on my raven nuke website so anyone please help!
 
View user's profile Send private message
fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing


Joined: Aug 30, 2005
Posts: 3312
Location: near Albany NY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:11 pm Reply with quote

Perhaps you could explain what the script to change your password did and where you got it from. It is hard to see how a normal script to change your password could cause the problem you posted. You can change your password in Your Account, or if it is an admin password then in edit admins. If all else fails you can change it in PHPmyadmin. Why use a script?

What version of Ravennuke are you using? What type of server are you running this on ... a shared host? Which one? The error you are seeing is highly likely to be caused by a corrupt or missing file. What FTP client are you using? Are you really sure that your includes directory matches between the downloaded distribution and what's on your server?
 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
rorie
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:08 am Reply with quote

fkelly wrote:
Perhaps you could explain what the script to change your password did and where you got it from. It is hard to see how a normal script to change your password could cause the problem you posted. You can change your password in Your Account, or if it is an admin password then in edit admins. If all else fails you can change it in PHPmyadmin. Why use a script?

What version of Ravennuke are you using? What type of server are you running this on ... a shared host? Which one? The error you are seeing is highly likely to be caused by a corrupt or missing file. What FTP client are you using? Are you really sure that your includes directory matches between the downloaded distribution and what's on your server?


1st i 4got my password so i used a script to reset it. i am hosted by nearlyfreespeech. i am using raven nuke 2.2.01. you can see the rest of my server info by going to phpinfo

EDIT: Link removed for security reasons!!!!
 
montego
Site Admin


Joined: Aug 29, 2004
Posts: 9449
Location: Arizona

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:27 am Reply with quote

rorie, you NEVER want to post a link that presents phpinfo. NEVER. You will want to remove that file immediately as the link could still be cached by search engines.

I agree with fkelly that the password for your admin account and this issue are not related. Most likely is a corrupt file and you should try re-uploading using a good FTP client such as FileZilla. If your target server is Linux, use binary to transfer your files. If Windows, use ASCII.

_________________
Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!
Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
montego
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:28 am Reply with quote

... of course, with regards to my "ASCII" comment, that is only for the true text files... i.e., not the images.
 
rorie
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:22 pm Reply with quote

montego wrote:
rorie, you NEVER want to post a link that presents phpinfo. NEVER. You will want to remove that file immediately as the link could still be cached by search engines.

I agree with fkelly that the password for your admin account and this issue are not related. Most likely is a corrupt file and you should try re-uploading using a good FTP client such as FileZilla. If your target server is Linux, use binary to transfer your files. If Windows, use ASCII.


i tried uploading every single file thru a ftp program called core ftp & i still get the same old bloody error message. i am desperate here please help!

btw: i tried filezilla but the correct file sizes were not registering so that i why i tried another ftp client
 
fkelly
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:27 am Reply with quote

I don't use Filezilla personally but I know that many here do. It is known to produce good results when configured properly based on your client and the server you are using. Swapping products around will not really help resolve what is, in all likelihood, a configuration issue with your FTP client or possibly something about how FTP is set up on your server.

If you could post all the settings you tried using in Filezilla (not usernames and passwords of course and not the exact address to your host) perhaps someone who has that product could compare theirs and help you. Also, what web hosting service are you using ... name, operating system and the like?

There are products such as Beyond Compare (which is a nice new release) that will allow you to do sophisticated comparisons between a distribution on your PC and the files on your server. But I am hesitant to recommend this at this stage when you probably should be focusing on getting the basic product, Filezilla (or a similar know to be reliable FTP client) working properly.
 
rorie
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:31 am Reply with quote

rorie wrote:
Image

i re uploaded the includes folder worked the 1st time but then the 2nd it did not. this all started when i used a script to change my password. i am desperate to have this problem fixed. i went from phpnuke to this & i really want to start working on my raven nuke website so anyone please help!


it's a bug i am telling ya! i installed another raven nuke on my server & i get the same old annoying error message. raven could you please make a patch or correct this in the new release?. thank you
 
kguske
Site Admin


Joined: Jun 04, 2004
Posts: 6383

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:29 am Reply with quote

rorie,

If you used the same process on the same server with the same download, why would you expect the results to be different?

I'll be offline for a few days for a funeral, but if you pm an FTP user ID and password with access to your site, I'll take a look when I return.

_________________
I google, therefore I exist...
Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!
 
View user's profile Send private message
rorie
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:59 am Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
rorie,

If you used the same process on the same server with the same download, why would you expect the results to be different?

I'll be offline for a few days for a funeral, but if you pm an FTP user ID and password with access to your site, I'll take a look when I return.


unfortunately my host does not allow me to create separate ftp account so the only way is to create an account @ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! post your username you registered with & i will have to make you an adjudicated member of my site
 
Guardian2003
Site Admin


Joined: Aug 28, 2003
Posts: 6792
Location: Ha Noi, Viet Nam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:10 am Reply with quote

Whats wrong with sending the ftp account you use?
 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
rorie
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:20 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
Whats wrong with sending the ftp account you use?


i am not sure if i want to give out my password then change it again. nfs simply does not allow me to create seperate ftp accounts if could i would create a temp ftp account straight away
 
Guardian2003
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:25 am Reply with quote

Well I cannot speak for kguske of course but whilst everyone here is willing to help, we don't always have time to go messing about registering on sites here, there and everywhere so if I might make a suggestion, that you register a seperate account and then just PM the account info, it would certainly expedite matters.
You can always PM me the info if you feel the resolution to your problem cannot wait for kguske Smile
 
kguske
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:46 pm Reply with quote

rorie, nearlyfreespeech.net isn't free, but even if it were, I wouldn't have time to load a site there. Further, let's assume you, I or someone else loaded a separate site and it worked. That wouldn't tell you what the problem is with your site. And, if it didn't work, that still might not tell you the problem.

You might not be comfortable changing the password after giving it to me, but I'm not sure there is a solid alternative. I can tell you that I have no time and even less interest in touching other sites after resolving these types of issues.
 
jazzfuser
Worker
Worker


Joined: Mar 30, 2006
Posts: 111

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:33 pm Reply with quote

I have a RN 2.2 site that was working fine until today when I tried edit a message. the editor ceased to work. I have made not changes to the site, and uploaded a fresh includes/FCKeditor directory. It did not solve the problem. Any other suggestions?
 
View user's profile Send private message
kguske
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:44 pm Reply with quote

Something changed - have you tried a different browser? A different computer? Were any changes made by the host?
 
jazzfuser
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:02 pm Reply with quote

No, I hadn't tried a new browser. I did, as per your suggestion, and it works. I guess I have to clear my cache in Mozilla.

Thanks!
 
jazzfuser
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:28 pm Reply with quote

ARGH! Cleared my cache and cookies and now I've been blocked from my own site - 403 error.

Is there a way around this?
 
jakec
Site Admin


Joined: Feb 06, 2006
Posts: 3048
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:40 pm Reply with quote

You need to clear your IP address from the .htaccess file and the database.
 
View user's profile Send private message
jazzfuser
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:56 pm Reply with quote

thank you!
 
Display posts from previous:       
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> FCKeditor/WYSIWYG Issues

View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2007 phpBB Group
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
 
Forums ©