Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Nuke Platinum
snype
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:41 pm Reply with quote

hey guys i am a current platinum user and as of lately have been wanting to use raven nuke as alot of you have so many good things to say about it but i have a couple of questions if any one could help.

1.are the themes the same as platinum 76b5 or phpnuke if not is there a tut on converting them as i have 11 themes which i have paid for and would like to keep using.

2.would it be possiable for me to bring all my user and forum posts with me from platinum to raven nuke if so how please

3.could some one if it is not to much trouble provide a screen shot of the admin panel so i could see roughly what it looks like

4.what is the security like and does it use fusion as i like it

thanks in advance snype

P.S does any one no or could recomend a good web host that will allow me to host 2 or 3 sites with loosing any bandwidth or space

thanks again snype

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:00 am Reply with quote

1. Most themes should work without a problem, although Platinum contains a number of forum mods which aren't in RN, so you would need to edit the theme accordingly.

2. Yes it is possible to bring the posts etc across. You may want to have read of the How To Install files, which can be viewed here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

3. We would recommend installing XAMPP onto your computer to allow you test everything before changing your live site. You also would then be able to see the admin panel yourself.

4. We use Sentinel in RN, which helps make RN one of the most secure versions of phpNuke available.

Raven offers his own webhosting and you can't get any better hosts than him.

snype

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:29 am Reply with quote

thanks for your help i have xamp installed but never thought to use it i will do it l8er on today i jut hope i like it a there is so many good things to say about it

thanks again

snype

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:33 am Reply with quote

i now this may not be the place to ask this but could some tell me where to upload the file to in xampp also is there a read me on installing ravennuke?

jakec

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:58 am Reply with quote

C:\\Xampp\htdocs

The installation instructions are in the HowToInstall files I referred to above.

Loki
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:14 pm Reply with quote

snype, once RN .30 is released I will make a platinum b4 and b5 to RN conversion script. As for the themes, platinum themes will work with a few modifications. Mainly the extra forum mods will need to be edited out, which is fairly simple. I will make a platinum to RN theme conversion tutorial on what changes to make. I have already started converting platinum themes to RN so by the time it is released your theme might already be converted.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:58 pm Reply with quote

Nice, loki.

snype

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:04 pm Reply with quote

ok thanks Loki cant wait

neonbasschild

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:28 am Reply with quote

Is there any update on this? I am having some major problems with 76b5, So much so that I am getting very frustrated. Both with the site itself and lack of any support from the platinum community. Not to mention that I am going throught and fixing problems from 7.6b4 in 7.6b5 and as far as I can tell they are not coming out with a new version any time soon.

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:25 pm Reply with quote

Loki's script would make it easy, but there are other ways to update.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:47 pm Reply with quote

Such as mySQLDiff.... but, better have backups and do this locally on your PC first to iron out any migration issues in a test environment. XAMPP is a great WAMP or LAMP environment for this...

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:45 pm Reply with quote

Yep. Very good points, montego.

eldorado
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:20 am Reply with quote

I made the change to Ravennuke ... really easy. I just installed RN then copied my user tables to the new database , and after a while I got everything back and working Very Happy.

I think it's better if every one on platinum converts to RN before Genesis is released.
I'm starting to have problems with the Futurenuke website , it's getting horribly trolled .No one to help on difficult question.

If you guys got any suggestion,I'm trying to port my 7.6b4 theme to rn. I don't know where to start.

Last edited by eldorado on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total 
kguske

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:25 am Reply with quote

I'm not sure if 7.6b4 (Platinum, right?) made significant changes to the theme, other than for the forums. I'm pretty sure Platinum added lots of forum mods, many of which impacted the themes. You could use a file comparison tool like Beyond Compare or WinMerge to see the differences between that theme and the regular Nuke version (assuming it's based on a regular Nuke theme).

eldorado

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:27 am Reply with quote

Thank you. I wasn't sure of this. I'm still going to clean the theme to make the loading time quicker.

I'll try the theme on and if I screw my site up.I'll know something is wrong. Apart from the addons , there is nothing modified that I should know (different theme variables?)

edit: The platinum theme works like a charm. I deleted the extra stuff on the overall_header.tpl

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:25 pm Reply with quote

Great! Thanks for the follow up as that will probably help others.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Nuke Platinum

View next topic
View previous topic