Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues
linkeb3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:10 pm Reply with quote

I posted this somewhere else but to be honest i believe it was an out of date post, and this is where it belonged anyhow.

I recently decided due to the near death of [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] to start over, it's been a gaming clan site for almoost 15 years. the site's gone.. i'm just tired of it, so we're starting over with Raven Nuke.

I've installed the html file onto the server, configured the db correctly, loaded all the tables (great script btw) and the setup.php was run. The next step is..www.clanbeowulf.org/html/admin.php ..But of course, Sentinel doesn't know who i am, even though i just told it in the setup.php So i searched the forums saw a couple of people having my problem in older versions tried there fix with the .secretfile and .htaccess Nothing seems to be working. I'm stuck and wicked aggrivated.

Last edited by linkeb3 on Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total 
linkeb3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:39 pm Reply with quote

Update on this, I logged into the [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] with my old username and password, so obviously it's stealing the .staccess, from the root ftp site, where the current beowulf.org is. now somehow, all the member's are gone, and neither login works.. *bash head against keyboard*

FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:55 pm Reply with quote

If you were using the Admin Auth settings in Sentinel in the main site, it will cover all subs below it also. When you installed the new site, did you use the same database as the old one was in or was it installed in its own database?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
linkeb3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:25 pm Reply with quote

One of the problems with the old site was sentinel was all confused, it didn't know which user was who, there are of course two seperate DB's.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:03 am Reply with quote

From your other thread, here is the post that I made.

linkeb3 wrote:
Well, your path to the .staccess file must be the absolute path and it looks as though you have placed this into a subdirectory under "html", so is ".../html/..." in your path?

It could also be the fact that you are using a subdirectory where the root above it is also a *nuke site. Some server environments do not seem to work right this way and I've never been able to resolve (on some environments - many do work). Maybe try a sub-domain instead of a subdirectory type install.

Let us carry on the resolution here on this thread.

montego

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:04 am Reply with quote

Oh, please do also change your thread title to be more meaningful to the issue at hand. Thanks!

linkeb3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:19 am Reply with quote

I like the idea, sub directory, unfortunatly i'm not the server's admin so i'll have to wait for him to get around to see what i can do. I'll give that a try and post again!

montego

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:04 pm Reply with quote

Very nice title BTW! Thanks!

linkeb3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:06 pm Reply with quote

I do what i can Smile I tried today a wipe of the tables and creating a file called, .stacesss (emphasis on the 3 s's) and put it in the root dir where [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] is, and made the htaccess in the clanbeowulf.org/html and /admin direct itself to the 3 s st file. Didn't work..everyone wants me to give up and change the cms..i love nuke man..help me out.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic