Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Religion - General
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:04 am Reply with quote

Hyman Jedidiah Appleman, 1902-1983, Evangelist

Dr. Appleman, was one of the greatest Christian Evangelists that ever lived. He was a Russian Jew who became a believer in Jesus Christ and set the world on fire for Christ!

I and my family had the blessed fortune of not only attending a week of his preaching and teaching during revival meetings in our small church in northwest Indiana a few years before he went home to be with Jesus, but we also had the honor of having him in our house and serving him dinner. The few hours of conversation and his company will always be cherished. I was thinking about him and his ministry this past week and as my wife and I were remembering those times we came across this tribute as to his life, conversion, and death. You will be blessed just reading about him!

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:05 pm Reply with quote

Very interesting. Thanks for the link!

Many years ago, we lived in southwest Indiana, not far from the Wabash River.

FireATST
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:39 pm Reply with quote

That is a shame he lost his family over it, but the work God did through him was amazing. I had not heard of him before, thanks for the link. I will see if I can find any of his books to see if I can get a glimpse of his life. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:25 pm Reply with quote

I still have the tapes from when he preached at our church. He was such a humble, modest man that loved the Lord in a way that I personally had not witnessed before nor since. He had such a heart for the Lord.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Religion - General

View next topic
View previous topic