Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BB2Nuke
thoth
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:13 pm Reply with quote

Hi Fellas

I've converted an mkportal/smf site to phpbb3 forums, the idea being to bridge it in with Ravens Nuke, with the bridge just released.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Well, the problem is that the users are all in the PHPbb3 forum, and the bridge looks in the nuke user table for it's members ! gah!

What I am after is how to populate the Nuke user table with the one in PHPBB3, I've looked at the structure, and a lot of the PHPbb3 values can be dropped as they have no equivalent in the nuke user table, but it is how to do the rest. I can write code to retrieve data and put it in the tables, but it's the best approach, seeing as how I'm new to all of this.

If this is in the wrong section guys, feel free to move it.

I've got the structure table for phpbb3,but didn't know if it was ok to post it here. I know Raven was in the process of trying the bridge here too, so maybe he has an idea on how best to proceed?

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:00 pm Reply with quote

I have not seen a converter from phpBB3 to phpNuke. I know phpBB3 changes the way it handles user passwords, which may make it harder to implement into phpNuke

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
thoth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:30 am Reply with quote

Hi, well strange as it may seem passwords aren't really a problem, people can click "forgot my password" , the main thing as long as their registration details get moved over. I'm going to try (emphasis on try) to write a user converter, all the data is in the same database so I won't keep having to switch between them.

Any guidance appreciated, and thanks for the input Evaders.

evaders99

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:58 pm Reply with quote

I assume you'll just need their username and user_email fields. Probably none of the other fields are necessary. Best of luck Smile

thoth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:08 am Reply with quote

I did it Very Happy All converted and ready to go ! except now PHPbb3 is giving me "topic doesn't exist" despite me not touching those tables .. and its not bridged either. Be glad when this conversion is done, nightmare !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BB2Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic