Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
dad7732
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:46 am Reply with quote

Some, not all but more than one user is getting duplicate email notifications when posting to the forum. I'm not at home at the moment to check it out but I only get one as most others do as well. Any ideas where to start looking for this?

Cheers

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:03 pm Reply with quote

Is the user utilising any ridirects to move the mail from one account to another? I know some people use google mail and have it redirect mail to their primary mail address so it's possible in these cases to get both the emails..

dad7732

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:05 am Reply with quote

No redirects, been confirmed. I tested this by checking the notify box in a thread on my own forum and sure enough I received two identical emails with one exception - the To: field in one header was blank and in the other email the To: field was "Undisclosed-Recipients" which indicates a Bcc configuration. Beats me ...

Cheers

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:45 am Reply with quote

Do you mean the notify box when you're posting a message? Any mods in the forums?

dad7732

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:30 am Reply with quote

Yes, ticking the "Notify of new replies" or something to that effect OR in the user configuration to always receive notifications, doesn't matter which, I've tested it both ways and still receive two emails, one is To: blank and the other is To: undisclosed-recipients ... perplexing to say the least as I can't find anywhere in the configuration that would be responsible for this. I even checked in the DB to see if some users, including myself had duplicate entries in the nuke_users table.

No forum mods.

dad7732

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:42 pm Reply with quote

Interesting. I configured the forum config to use my own smtp server and now only one email notification is received.

I did a grep for 'Undisclosed-recipients' and found two results, one in /includes/emailer.php and /includes/smtp.php

Still no clue as to why two notifications are being sent using the "in-house" mailer.

Cheers

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:44 am Reply with quote

That is definitely strange. I have NEVER seen this happen before.

dad7732

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:26 am Reply with quote

This happened after I upgraded from 6.5 so perhaps something was left over. I suspect something from the now outdated "Protector" module, who knows. It only happens on this one particular site and NOT on any other site where RN has been the only app installed. The fix to using my own smtp server works, so be it. Was a minor annoyance at best.

Cheers

Susann

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:48 pm Reply with quote

I have seen this before in my 6.5 installation. But it had nothing to do with RavenNuke or the Protector module.
Check if you have really the correct includes/functions.php and the updated forums files.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:34 am Reply with quote

Funny you should mention 6.5, isn't that what Raven is using here? I used to get 2 emails from this site, but it seems to have rectified itself now. Confused

dad7732

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:12 am Reply with quote

Jakec: IIRC, it's 7.6 or 7.8 being used as the backbone.

Susann: functions.php is current

jakec

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:58 am Reply with quote

No, ravenphpscripts.com uses an older version of Nuke, Raven hasn't had chance to upgrade to RN yet.

RavenNuke on the other hand used 7.6 as a base and built on that.

dad7732

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:35 am Reply with quote

Ok, I misunderstood, thought you meant what RN is sourced on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic