Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x
california1

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:48 pm Reply with quote

I am running an un-patched version of phpnuke 7.2 because the patches keep giving me errors that I can not figure out how to resolve. My site is highly customized with paid membership management and other hacks that were installed before the patches were tried. I posted without success to figure out the errors.

I am running nukesentinel 2.1.3 but have been having trouble lately with members being blocked for no reason with no reporting email.

I tried to upgrade to the latest version of nukesentinel and followed the directions for 2.8 and below patched but am still having trouble including some really weird errors in my error log that I do not understand about LimitInternalRecursion and exceeding the number of allowed redirects.

I contacted my hosting company and of course they "don't support third party scripts or problems caused by them" but suggested I install the mist recent version of phpnuke through the cpanel which is 7.9.

I have 7,495+ members and over 35,000 posts so I wonder about moving those over. The hosting company said to just point the new phpnuke to the old database. Would this work?

How do I get these errors resolved if I try to patch and upgrade the existing system. I am able to pay a little for some help to get things sorted out if necessary.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:04 pm Reply with quote

You have your hands full. 7.9 isn't even the latest version of PHPnuke though it may be the latest your host makes available. We recommend Ravennuke here which has all the patches and Nuke Sentinel built in. But if you've customized code and/or tables you do have a chore in front of you.

If you load Ravennuke 2.20.01 you will still need to reconcile your current table structure with it. You can't just import the tables and expect it to work. You will probably need to use a tool such as MYSQLdiff and have both sets of tables loaded and then reconcile. Likewise you will need comparison tools for your code to preserve your changes while getting the latest Ravennuke code. This is not likely to be trivial.

Your host obviously doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. The code in *nuke interacts at a pretty deep level with the tables. So if you have table structural differences the code is going to generate errors. There have been quite a number of structural changes since 7.2.

There is a section in these forums for paid help. You might post there.

And, with the size of database you are looking at you will definitely want Bigdump. There are a number of posts about that here. You might want to read them and download bigdump and figure out how to use it in your situation.

slackervaara
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:25 am Reply with quote

If you have a huge database and want to do backup and restores I recommend MySQLDumper, which can do all this. BigDump can only restore and not make a backup. If the database is big enough one gets timed out with phpMyAdmin and thus only partial backup. My web hotel have a time out of 30 seconds only.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.5.x

View next topic
View previous topic