Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues
spydertbc

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:37 pm Reply with quote

Just did a fresh install of ravennuke and the points system is jacked up. Nothing but the basic install no addons no nothing. PLEASE HELP

Spyder

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:10 am Reply with quote

Welcome to RavenPHPScripts.

Now down to business, can you be a bit more specific about what is 'jacked up'?

spydertbc

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:17 pm Reply with quote

The points will not accumulate.
I set up page view to get 1 point then logged off of the admin account then logged in as a general user and click from page to page then looked in the database and my account has 0 points.

I have PNC running on another website and the points system was working then just stopped. Not sure why but no more points there either.

Spyder

jakec

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:41 am Reply with quote

This sounds I bit like a host problem, expecially as it has stopped working on both your installations and they are different versions of Nuke.

Do you know if anything has changed on your host recently?

spydertbc

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:20 am Reply with quote

As far as I know nothing has changed. I don’t think it is a host issue. I have my live site and my test site. My live sites' point system just decided to stop working one afternoon. So I jump over to my test site point system is still good. Well 2 more days of posting in the PNC forums and not hearing back from them I get pissed off so I back up my database from the live site. Then I take that database and import it to the test site. Well guess what the freaking points stop working. I remove everything from the Live site (Still pissed off) I remove everything. All the Databases I ever had every folder and file in the www folder. Now I upload Raven Nuke get everything configured and setup my user account and admin account. Login as admin set up points then log out and back in as my user account........NO POINTS. And on top of that Nukesentinal is being a pain in my akaching!. Locked me out 3 time during all my testing. So even more frustrated I scrap raven nuke move everything from my test site back to my live site and my database as well so after 8 hours of file moving database deleting and a 12 pack of coke I am right back where I started. I have a backup of the DB that was on the test site that still worked I will give that a shot tonight But even if the points work I really haven’t learned anything about the problem (Why its happening and where it came from).

jakec

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:21 am Reply with quote

Have you got Error Reporting turned on?

If you have are you getting any errors?

In RN there is an database logging feature, if you turn this on are you getting any errors?

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:58 am Reply with quote

Seriously, someone uses the point system?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:13 pm Reply with quote

spydertbc, have you tried different points scenarios other than just the one with navigating around. I mean, there are points given for article submission, points for recommending an article to a friend, etc. There really aren't points accumulated for navigating around on the site. That is standard *nuke AFAIK. You have to actually "do" something to get points.

spydertbc

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:30 pm Reply with quote

you get points for forum posting and replying and shout box posting. But of course the points to come in.

Spyder

montego

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:40 am Reply with quote

Actually, I take that back. I had missed the "Page View" line. Embarassed HHHmmmm... not sure what is going on and especially why it would just stop working. It sounds like you might have uploaded some files to your site that might have this broken.

We don't get alot of questions / interest in the points system (hence the reason for Gremmie's post), so we haven't really focused much on that module. Don't know what to tell you as to when we'll get the chance, but I am going to log an issue for us to review this feature in RavenNuke.

spydertbc

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:35 am Reply with quote

i am going to copy over one of my backup DB's from the time the points did work and see if that does the trick.

Spyder

Gremmie

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:15 am Reply with quote

jakec wrote:
Have you got Error Reporting turned on?

If you have are you getting any errors?

In RN there is an database logging feature, if you turn this on are you getting any errors?

You seemed to have ignored Jake's advice. In RN there is a really sweet database error logging facility. Turn it on, view some pages, then look at the log.

pan
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:41 pm Reply with quote

If the points aren't working create a single group with like 100000 points needed and then they should start to accumulate.

I am just posting this in a few of these threads because I had this issue and have resolved it with this ifix.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:40 am Reply with quote

Yes thats correct, for the points to accumulate you must first set up at least one points 'group' in the points administration area.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.20.00 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic