Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukePie/SimplePie
twistedcyrus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:27 pm Reply with quote

Trying to get my teams feed from Gamebattles.com(Clan Based gaming site) to work on my site. They have provided me with a url to the feed info but I have no idea how to get it to work on my site. Any help would be appreciated.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:52 pm Reply with quote

No problem. I moved this to the proper forum since nukeFEED creates feeds using content on your site. nukePIE reads / displays feeds from other sites on your Nuke site.

So, the way to display it is to go to your admin page, then to Blocks administration. Add a block, a specify the URL of the feed from Gamebattles.com in the RSS/RDF file URL field. For more info, check this.

Gazanimal
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:10 pm Reply with quote

Sorry for jumping in on the thread but I do come under the Feed Newb Needs Help category too. Very Happy

I'm trying to understand what an RSS/SML feed does & also how to go about putting a feed into my website using nukePIE.

The feed I want to use is from here:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I've made a Custom Block in the ACP & activated etc but I cannot see it on the main page.

Is there anything else that has to be Activated for the Feed to show & will it scroll the News from the Codemasters website in the block? Or have I got that bit wrong.

Thanks for any help & RN is a great bit of kit.

Thanks

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:45 pm Reply with quote

You basically have it all correct. Did you create the cache directory that PIE uses? And have the right permissions on it? Where did you position the custom block? Center down works well. The link you posted looks like a good one so once you activate the block using that URL and if you have the cache directory set up correctly you should be able to see it and it should scroll the way you indicate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukePie/SimplePie

View next topic
View previous topic