Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BBtoNuke
evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:56 pm Reply with quote

BBToNuke 2.0.23 is now available.
Click to Evaders Coding Squadron for the download and manual changes.

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:55 pm Reply with quote

Chris,

I assume you will be posting the RavenNuke(tm) changes here and svn?

catweazle
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:46 am Reply with quote

evaders99 wrote:
BBToNuke 2.0.23 is now available.

Is this upgrade for use with both Nuke & Nuke patched?

Earlier there was always two separate upgrade packages (one for BBtoNukeXXXX and one for BBtoNukeXXXXNP).
I'm a bit confused here and just want to be sure before I run the upgrade! Very Happy

Thanks alot for your great work as allways!!!

evaders99

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:00 pm Reply with quote

It works for Nuke Patched, but I guess it should work for all non-Patched releases (Why would you be non-Patched??)

Paul_K
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:28 pm Reply with quote

Hi,

Installed the update but get a error when trying to edit group permissions Sad

Code:
Couldn't obtain user/group information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND ug.group_id = g.group_id AND u.user_id = ug.user_id' at line 1

SELECT u.user_id, u.username, u.user_level, g.group_id, g.group_name, g.group_single_user, ug.user_pending FROM nuke_users u, nuke_bbgroups g, nuke_bbuser_group ug WHERE g.group_id = AND ug.group_id = g.group_id AND u.user_id = ug.user_id

Line : 702
File : admin_ug_auth.php

edit: Should add that it's a fresh install of Raven Nuke 2.20

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
catweazle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:57 pm Reply with quote

evaders99 wrote:
It works for Nuke Patched, but I guess it should work for all non-Patched releases (Why would you be non-Patched??)

Being an Admin at an official PHP-Nuke support site, I don't think most beginners patch their original Nuke first thing. Most beginners will wait till they have become a bit experienced - 'cause they're afraid that they may screw up their new site. The least thing I wanna do as an supporting Admin is to misslead them when they ask about upgrades.

Oh - and me?;
I'm perfectly safe --=> running RavenNuke(tm) v2.20.00!!! Smile

Last edited by catweazle on Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total 
evaders99

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:45 pm Reply with quote

I haven't tested it on RavenNuke just yet. I will and then it will go up on the SVN Smile

I believe it will be added in the next 2.20.01 release.

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:38 pm Reply with quote

Evaders I heard there are possible changes in the German lang files required. Is this true ?

evaders99

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:45 pm Reply with quote

The English language changes seem to fix typos. If the typos were somehow translated, then yes the German lang files could need them

Susann

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:59 pm Reply with quote

There is only one word "Löschen" to change in both versions of the German lang files.
E.g.
language/lang_german/lang_admin.php

$lang['Delete_disallow_explain'] = 'Du kannst einen verbotenen Namen entfernen, indem du den Namen aus der Liste auswählst und Abschicken anklickst';

changed to:

$lang['Delete_disallow_explain'] = 'Du kannst einen verbotenen Namen entfernen, indem du den Namen aus der Liste auswählst und Löschen anklickst';

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:46 pm Reply with quote

Susann wrote:
There is only one word "Löschen" to change in both versions of the German lang files.

Fixed in v2.20.01

warren-the-ape
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:00 pm Reply with quote

Ey guys,

Im about to upgrade to 2.0.23, yep late but better late than never i'd say Wink

Anyway I got a couple of last minute questions.

Im running php-nuke 7.9 patched to 3.3 and downloaded this package; [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Looks like the one i need?

While I was backing up my existing bbtonuke files I noticed I currently have more files than there are in the package.

in /db;

- oracle.php (also in RN v.2.20.01 i noticed)
- sqlite.php

in /includes;

- functions_usergroup.php

Can somone tell me what to do with these files? Delete? Keep?

Dont want to mess things up when i can consult the bbtonuke experts here Smile

Edit:
The forum admin says; "You are running phpBB 2.0.22" but i know that some previous updates were missed in the past, resulting in a few missing tables (no problems so far though). Anyway I'm happy to read that the latest 2.0.23 release will update all the necessary tables.

warren-the-ape

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:15 am Reply with quote

Well the update went alright Smile left those files in place for now, if they can be removed please let me know.

Ran into 1 error though, luckily found a topic here that solved it, so im thanking Montego for coming up with the solution once again Cool
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Already red on karakas-online that i probably missed a bbtonuke update, well already knew some bits and pieces were missing Razz At least with the above solution i didnt have to run all the updates from square one again.

Edit:
Hmm, im afraid now that the update script didnt do anything cause it was reading my forums as 2.0.22..

Think I will compare my db to the upgrade script manually.

warren-the-ape

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:11 am Reply with quote

Okay checked the upgrade script and worked my way up starting with the earliest changes in the script.

The following db edits/adds are missing (bbversion .0.10, .0.09, .0.08, .0.07, .0.06);

Code:
$db->sql_query("CREATE TABLE ".$prefix."_bbsessions_keys (key_id varchar(32) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, user_id mediumint(8) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, last_ip varchar(8) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, last_login int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (key_id, user_id), KEY last_login (last_login))");

$db->sql_query("UPDATE ".$user_prefix."_users SET user_active = 0 WHERE user_id = '1'"); //dunno how to check?
$db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."_bbconfig (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('allow_autologin', '1')");
$db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."_bbconfig (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('max_autologin_time', '0')");
$db->sql_query("DELETE FROM ".$prefix."_bbsessions");
$db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."_bbconfig (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('max_login_attempts', '5')");
$db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."_bbconfig (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('login_reset_time', '30')");
$db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."_bbconfig  (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('search_flood_interval', '15')");
$db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."_bbconfig  (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('rand_seed', '0')");
$db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."_bbconfig (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('search_min_chars', '3')"); // =1
$db->sql_query("DELETE FROM ".$prefix."_bbsessions_keys");

As you can see most of the earliest changes. The 2nd 'Update' line was something i couldnt figure out, and im not sure what those 'Delete from' lines do?

_bbsessions_keys is in fact one of the missing tables I get an error from when i change a password for a user.

Is there a way to quickly and safely add these missing edits to the db with phpmyadmin?

When I fix this Im finally done fixing all the problems caused over a year ago Razz

evaders99

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:49 am Reply with quote

You shouldn't need the full package unless you're not sure you have all the BBToNuke 2.0.22 files

You are correct that the full package doesn't include those files. It's weird... phpBB 2.0.23 does not use those files either. Maybe they were deprecated at some point and still kept in phpNuke.

The only database change from 2.0.23 is the version number.
If you are missing those other table changes, you can do them manually in phpMyAdmin. There really isn't an easy way to check

warren-the-ape

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:23 pm Reply with quote

evaders99 wrote:
You shouldn't need the full package unless you're not sure you have all the BBToNuke 2.0.22 files

Well i wasnt entirely sure if i got all the files Razz

On nukerecourses i could only find three 2.0.23 packages; 7.* unpatched, 8.* unpatched and 7.* patched, okay and the original phpbb release Wink

Quote:
You are correct that the full package doesn't include those files. It's weird... phpBB 2.0.23 does not use those files either. Maybe they were deprecated at some point and still kept in phpNuke.

Hmm okay, well everything (still) works so will just keep them, they're not in my way but i just wondered.

Quote:
The only database change from 2.0.23 is the version number.
If you are missing those other table changes, you can do them manually in phpMyAdmin. There really isn't an easy way to check

Yep, i noticed after i had a thorough look at the upgrade script, thats why i was almost certain it didnt fix/upgrade those old tables.

And I like to do them manually only im not sure how i need to do that, my MySQL knowledge is still very limited. Im also not certain if I need to follow that exact order (one line depending on the other?).

Some help with that would be greatly appreciated Smile

warren-the-ape

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:35 am Reply with quote

Anyone?

Adding a table is pretty straightforward but i have no idea how to add these 'INSERT INTO' and 'DELETE FROM'?

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:09 am Reply with quote

Use phpMyAdmin. Select your database and then select the SQL tab. That's where you can use those statements. If you need more training in phpMyAdmin you can get an online PDF and/or paper back version of an excellent book from PACKT Publishing: Mastering phpMyAdmin 2.11 for Effective MySQL Management.

You can also Google for phpmyadmin tutorial for some free online tutorials.

warren-the-ape

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:41 am Reply with quote

So i can paste this directly into phpmyadmin? What about the prefixes?

Code:
$db->sql_query("CREATE TABLE ".$prefix."_bbsessions_keys (key_id varchar(32) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, user_id mediumint(8) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, last_ip varchar(8) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, last_login int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (key_id, user_id), KEY last_login (last_login))");

$db->sql_query("UPDATE ".$user_prefix."_users SET user_active = 0 WHERE user_id = '1'"); //dunno how to check?
$db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."_bbconfig (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('allow_autologin', '1')");
$db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."_bbconfig (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('max_autologin_time', '0')");
$db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."_bbconfig (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('max_login_attempts', '5')");
$db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."_bbconfig (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('login_reset_time', '30')");
$db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."_bbconfig  (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('search_flood_interval', '15')");
$db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."_bbconfig  (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('rand_seed', '0')");
$db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."_bbconfig (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('search_min_chars', '3')"); // =1
$db->sql_query("DELETE FROM ".$prefix."_bbsessions_keys");

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:34 am Reply with quote

No, that's PHP code. You can only paste SQL into phpMyAdmin.

warren-the-ape

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:13 am Reply with quote

Gremmie wrote:
No, that's PHP code. You can only paste SQL into phpMyAdmin.

Yep I figured Rolling Eyes But could someone explain me how to convert it?

Code:
CREATE TABLE 'nuke_bbsessions_keys' (

'key_id' varchar(32) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
   'user_id' mediumint(8) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
   'last_ip' varchar(8) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
   'last_login' int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL,
   PRIMARY KEY ('key_id', 'user_id'), KEY 'last_login' ('last_login')
);

UPDATE nuke_users SET user_active = 0 WHERE user_id = '1';

INSERT INTO nuke_bbconfig (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('allow_autologin', '1');
INSERT INTO nuke_bbconfig (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('max_autologin_time', '0');
DELETE FROM nuke_bbsessions;

INSERT INTO nuke_bbconfig (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('max_login_attempts', '5');
INSERT INTO nuke_bbconfig (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('login_reset_time', '30');
INSERT INTO nuke_bbconfig  (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('search_flood_interval', '15');
INSERT INTO nuke_bbconfig  (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('rand_seed', '0');
INSERT INTO nuke_bbconfig (config_name, config_value) VALUES ('search_min_chars', '3');
DELETE FROM nuke_bbsessions;
DELETE FROM nuke_bbsessions_keys;

Would this be the right way to go? I really dont want to mess things up.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:17 am Reply with quote

warren-the-ape wrote:
I really dont want to mess things up

As long as you back up your table(s) before trying things you have nothing to worry about. You can always restore them.

Yes, that code looks correct.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:44 am Reply with quote

Also, in the "don't want to mess things up" category, we strongly encourage you to be doing things like this on an XAMPP test environment first rather than on your live site. XAMPP is a wonderful thing for testing things out and learning.

warren-the-ape

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:21 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Yes, that code looks correct.

Alrighty then Cool so the syntax is correct no missing quotes or anything?

Got an example from another post here but didnt knew i would be able to do that without making any mistakes Laughing

Or should i add 'TYPE=MyISAM' as well? Dont know if thats necessary? And should I use these quotes; ` instead of ' ?

Gremmie wrote:
Also, in the "don't want to mess things up" category, we strongly encourage you to be doing things like this on an XAMPP test environment first rather than on your live site. XAMPP is a wonderful thing for testing things out and learning.

Yep yep, but setting this up for these 1 time events is really too much work atm.

evaders99

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:52 am Reply with quote

You shouldn't need Type=MyISAM or have to change ' quote marks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BBtoNuke

View next topic
View previous topic