Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> MySQL
thebishop
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:01 am Reply with quote

Hey all, I have been getting this strange error when ever i attempt to import an .sql file.

import.php: Missing parameter: import_type (FAQ 2.Cool
import.php: Missing parameter: format (FAQ 2.Cool

This what those links say to try but i have no idea of how to fix this.

Code:

2.8 I get "Missing parameters" errors, what can I do?
Here are a few points to check:

In config.inc.php, try to leave the $cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri'] directive empty. See also FAQ 4.7.

Maybe you have a broken PHP installation or you need to upgrade your Zend Optimizer. See http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=31134.

If you are using Hardened PHP with the ini directive varfilter.max_request_variables set to the default (200) or another low value, you could get this error if your table has a high number of columns. Adjust this setting accordingly. (Thanks to Klaus Dorninger for the hint).

In the php.ini directive arg_separator.input, a value of ";" will cause this error. Replace it with "&;".

If you are using Hardened-PHP, you might want to increase request limits.
The directory specified in the php.ini directive session.save_path does not exist or is read-only.

I'm not sure what to do from here. I just know that until this is fixed i cannot install any tables into Mysql. Any help much appreciated.

running nuke 7.6-3.3, phpmyadmin 2.11.0, mysql-5.0.45

[EDIT]

I just tried going to structure through phpmyadmin and creating a 1 variable table and after hitting GO, The page just refreshes and all entrys are empty. hehe, i cant even create a 1 variable table.
I think this may be a broken PHP installation. Any thoughts ?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:03 am Reply with quote

If you do not have access to the phpMyAdmin config file then you need to contact your host to fix this.

thebishop

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:13 am Reply with quote

I have access to the phpmyadmin config through Cpanel Raven, I'm just not sure how to fix this problem. I guess at some point i'm going to have to seek some sort of schooling regarding all of this stuff, Because it pains me to have to ask others to help me solve these problems. Embarassed

I just have too much other stuff on my plate right now. Anyway i digress.
I'll go poke around that config and see whats what. Thanks.

P.S. i spoke with the 1st level tech at my host and he tried a few things and then had me submit a support ticket.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:10 am Reply with quote

If you modify your config as explained in your first post, that may resolve it Smile

thebishop

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:29 am Reply with quote

Ok, I was looking for a config file called phpmyadmin.cfg and could not find it.

Now i see your talking about the config.inc.php. I thought i had seen this file in the nuke root directory at one point but it does not exist as far as i can see.

Neither of those files exist in my root folder or outside it in any other folders.
Unless there hidden from me. Thanks.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:42 pm Reply with quote

phpMyAdmin uses the default config if a customized config is not found. What you need to do is copy the default config to config.inc.php. Then make the modifications to config.inc.php

thebishop

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:56 pm Reply with quote

Ok so if there's no config.inc.php, then i must have to create it, Got ya.
I'll do that now. Thanks again.

[EDIT]

I downloaded the config.php and renamed it config.inc and then searched for the "$cfg['PmaAbsoluteUri']" directive and it was not there. Confused

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:05 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
and renamed it config.inc

Make sure you named it config.inc.php

The config that you created is just for the overrides of the main config file found in /phpMyAdmin/libraries/config.default.php . Do not modify /phpMyAdmin/libraries/config.default.php. Instead, copy any setting that you need to modify and add it to your config.inc.php.

You might also want to check out [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> MySQL

View next topic
View previous topic