Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Sites To Visit
bobbyg
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:47 pm Reply with quote

My better half's daughter started to rescue feral kittens. It all started from the loss of her cat years ago. When she moved into her new place, she had adopted a kitten. Then she started feeding the strays next to her home. I got involved when she called me up and asked if I could take 1 kitten she rescued. The next year she rescued more and asked me to take another one. Since then, feeding feral cats has expanded from 1 community to 25. We trap, nueter and release the large cats and rescue and adopt out the kittens. Many of the cats and kittens need medical attention, including surgeries. These surgeries range from $100 to $700 each. I started this website [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] as a regular php nuke site, but decided to change it to support her feral cat program.

I would like everyone to visit the site. Make comments, suggestions and add to the downloads and weblinks. I have not activated the forum and as a result caught 2 attempts to acquire moderator's information and post phoney moderator. Sentinel did not trap the IP until the attempt to post.

I am working on the scrolling sponsor blocks selecting records from a database based on various criteria. Currently the ones on the site are based on the width of the banner. This way all the banners retrieved from affiliate/sponsors can be put in one database. This database is separate from the banner/affiliate database which you are paying affiliates or the banner program that you are charging for advertising.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:51 am Reply with quote

A little confused - what is the purpose of downloads and weblinks?

- I would recommend turning off the NukeSentinel block, since the purpose of the site isn't security.
- Also, are the photos properly size? It only took a few seconds to generate the HTML, but much longer to display all the pictures.
- You might want to generate a new favicon.ico file for the root directory to replace Raven's handsome mug. You can use this online tool to do that - just replace your root/favicon.ico file with the one you generate.
- Regarding ads, have you looked into addons tools like NSN Banner Ads?

bobbyg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:25 pm Reply with quote

Originally started basic nuke site with downloads, weblinks, etc. but changed it when I installed RavenNuke. Which pictures are you referring to, the 3 in the center or the ones that scroll. I did not resize the photos that are scrolling, I set the size in the scroll. The pictures in the center I did resize to fit 200x200 format.

I did not look at the NSN Banner Ads because I thought they were associated with the "Advertising" module, which is not what I was looking for.

NukeSentinel does block the nukewrap I had first started using with some of the links. I did not want to disable until I knew exactly what I was going to use or not use on the site.

Purpose of the downloads was for anyone coming to the site (not familiar with the nuke portals) and wanting to develop their own site. I was not aware of the problems with phpnuke 8.0 until it was pointed out to me. That is when I switched to RavenNuke. Same for the weblinks, just a means to eliminate some of the searching through all the possible sites for nuke portal support.

Thanks for the input.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:40 pm Reply with quote

Just to clarify, I wasn't suggesting that you disable NukeSentinel - just that it didn't make sense to show the NukeSentinel list of banned IPs block.

bobbyg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:39 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Just to clarify, I wasn't suggesting that you disable NukeSentinel - just that it didn't make sense to show the NukeSentinel list of banned IPs block.

Point was only to show site was safe. On some sites you see a logo stating site is "hacker safe". I do not know what the qualifications are to get that logo, but something like that would be nice for at least those sites using Nuke Sentinel. Maybe an icon "Protected from hackers by Nuke Sentinel"

bobbyg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:23 pm Reply with quote

- You might want to generate a new favicon.ico file for the root directory to replace Raven's handsome mug. You can use this online tool to do that - just replace your root/favicon.ico file with the one you generate.

Added link to weblinks --- That is the purpose of the web links -- I did not know that tool was available. Thanks.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:51 pm Reply with quote

"Hacker safe" usually means the site hired a group of white hat hackers to periodically test the security of the site. Unless the site has some private information, that isn't necessary.

BTW, nice favicon... Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Sites To Visit

View next topic
View previous topic