Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.2
Goldberg

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 7:31 am Reply with quote

I run a modified PHP-Nuke version 7.2 on my workstation where I also test my site on.
Specs:
P4 2.26GHz 512MB DDR333
Windows XP SP1
Mozilla Firefox 0.8 and IE 6.0 SP2 for testing.
MySQL 4.0
PHP 4.2.3

On nukecops I found a tread which you discuss overhere: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Looking at the difference in page generation time your site is 3 to 4 times faster than mine, and mine is using the localhost Exclamation

Now I'm really curious about what speed updates/modifications you have made. At the moment I'm working out my site before I hit it on the internet.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 7:48 am Reply with quote

Goldberg wrote:
I run a modified PHP-Nuke version 7.2 on my workstation where I also test my site on.
Specs:
P4 2.26GHz 512MB DDR333
Windows XP SP1
Mozilla Firefox 0.8 and IE 6.0 SP2 for testing.
MySQL 4.0
PHP 4.2.3

On nukecops I found a tread which you discuss overhere: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Looking at the difference in page generation time your site is 3 to 4 times faster than mine, and mine is using the localhost Exclamation

Now I'm really curious about what speed updates/modifications you have made. At the moment I'm working out my site before I hit it on the internet.
Well, first of all you are on XP. Apache runs slower on XP than on Linux. Secondly I am running Xeon Dual processor cpu with hyperthreading which is equivalent to 4 cpu's. SCSI drives and 1 gig RAM help to round it out Smile. I am not using any of the speedup things in that post. They do help but in my case it amounts to 1-2 tenths at most.

Goldberg

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 7:59 am Reply with quote

I never thought it whould make such a difference. In about two months I will be using a linux webserver, first for the testing and near the end of the year on the internet. Maybe than I'll get it under the 0.998 seconds (which isn't bad though) but faster is always welcome.

I'll also look into the caching stuff for php-nuke.

Anyway, thanks for the quick reply and off course for the work you do on nuke.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.2

View next topic
View previous topic