Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Installer/Setup Issues
adaykin
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:16 am Reply with quote

Hello, I am trying to run the install script, in my browser I typed the URL:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and I got this error page:

Please note that this installer is for NEW installs and assumes that you want to REPLACE your tables and the data therein. This means that each time you run this it will DROP the tables and DELETE all data before creating new ones. This is NOT recoverable.

MySQL Database Connectivity Test Results
config.php file found!
I was unable to reach your MySQL server using the MySQL connection settings in your nuke config.php file. The exact error that MySQL reported is:
MySQL Error # 2 = Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)

I checked my config.php file and I have the right password in it.

PHrEEkie
Subject Matter Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:48 am Reply with quote

Please search... we have been going over this for oh, about 6 years now...

PHrEEk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:53 pm Reply with quote

Well I did search a little bit but I didn't find anything to do with MySQL error # 2. I am a student so I post on the forums so I don't have to wade through hundreds of search results to find what I am looking for because studying is the biggest precedence for me right now.

PHrEEkie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:07 am Reply with quote

Ok, so you're confident the password is correct. Let's run through it all...

You need to create an empty database.
You need to create a user with a pass.
You need to give that user full permissions on the new database. (MANY people forget this step, or for whatever reason think it unimportant!)

In config.php, add those details. Make sure you add them in the UNCOMMENTED area (there is a commented area that explains each setting... some people mistake that for the area they need to edit. The edit area is below that...)

If it still doesn't work, here's the typical reasons.

Some MySQL servers do not like certain special characters in the password. Those include # and *. Make the user password something plain like 'test' or 'secret'. Once you have it running, get a robust password up and running.

Your database and username MIGHT need to be prepended with your CPanel username + underscore (if a Cpanel account). So, let's say your Cpanel username is user123. You create a MySQL user of mysql123, and a database named ravnuke. In config.php, you would add those as
Database Name: user123_ravnuke
Database User: user123_mysql123
Password: test (or whatever)

If you are running your own local MySQL server, remember that when you create a new user and assign permissions, you will need to FLUSH permissions, or simply restart MySQL.

If none of this works, we will go to DEFCON 3, so post back.

May the farce be with you...

PHrEEk

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:32 am Reply with quote

adaykin wrote:
I am a student so I post on the forums so I don't have to wade through hundreds of search results to find what I am looking for because studying is the biggest precedence for me right now.

PHrEEkie, is giving you a hand now, but I just wanted to clarify the reasons for asking people to search the forums first.

The site admins, moderators and other users here are volunteers and give our time for free to help others and move this project forward. Despite what some people may think we do have our own sites to run and full-time jobs as well.

So the main reason is to save us time, we can waste a lot of time going over the same problem again and again.

Remember when you are searching you can use 'and', 'or' , 'not' to refine your searches.

Jakec

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:32 am Reply with quote

Not to mention that it just adds to people's search results which makes it even harder for people to find answers they need!

adaykin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:25 am Reply with quote

I filled out my config.php info on the correct part, not the commented part.

Ok I'm not using cpanel I think it's something called vDeck but I did have the db user and db name appended with my user name + _. I tried removing that but the installer script still did not work. After I did that I changed it back to the username_ + my db user and db name.

I don't have any special chars in the password.

It's not a local MySQL server.

I know you guys have full time jobs and sites to run but I ask here because you know way more about this stuff then I do RavensScripts

PHrEEkie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:42 am Reply with quote

Ok, the only thing you haven't verified is that you added the MySQL User to the database. If you cannot verify this, then you might need to contact your web hosting support (I'm not familiar with vDeck, sorry...)

Let's look at the error:
Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)

Not associating the MySQL user with that specific database would definitely generate a 'access denied' error, because that user has no permissions on that database yet.

But there's other interesting things going on there. Is your MySQL User 'root'? Because that is a reserved username for the server admin on a lot of servers...
And then there's the 'Using password: NO' part. For most people who have this error, and it's a bad username or password, it says 'Using password: YES'. So there are some strange things going on, and some definite clues on where to look. If any of these last suggestions fails, you might very well need to contact your web hosting support people.

Quick PS - Have you used MySQL for -anything- on your website yet, and gotten it to work?

PHrEEk

adaykin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:30 pm Reply with quote

How would I do the install process through phpMyAdmin?

adaykin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:27 pm Reply with quote

Ok I figured out what it was. I was using a beta version of File Zilla, and when the file was uploaded somehow the entire config file was changed to be one line long, so it was all commented out.

montego

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:10 pm Reply with quote

Bang Head

Glad you found it...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Installer/Setup Issues

View next topic
View previous topic