Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues
unwired
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:53 pm Reply with quote

Hello again, another problem encountered:
I searched but nothing found:

I am still using the stock emailing program, but I can't receive email verification, I tried 2 accounts but still nothing, I tried to resend it but doesn't work...

anyhelp I gladly appreciated Wink

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:30 am Reply with quote

Do you know if your host supprts phpmail?

jakec

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:36 am Reply with quote

There are also a few posts discussing this, below are a couple of them:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

unwired

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:15 am Reply with quote

I am using googlemail.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:10 am Reply with quote

unwired, try also sending yourself a Feedback. I'd like to see if this is just activation link related.

unwired

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:51 am Reply with quote

@montego, even feedback wont work, havent receive any email, gmail hs nothing to do with this?

montego

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:08 am Reply with quote

I am guessing that gmail has nothing to do with this. I have a feeling that your host does not allow the standard php mail() function to work. You will need to ask them as nuke uses this throughout...

unwired

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:34 pm Reply with quote

Ok sir I will try to ask them.
Before I use php-nuke8.0 and I have the same problem and I saw a tweak of mailing script from karakas-online, and it did the job. I can receive my email, so is this also applicable in RN?

unwired

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:14 am Reply with quote

I can receive emails now..Smile

montego

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:21 am Reply with quote

Excellent! That is a much easier option than trying to muck around with the code. Wink

unwired

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:08 am Reply with quote

After receiving that test email I had, now many members of our campus club complained that they still not receiving any validation email. In my estimate the oldest is now 2 weeks...Sad

montego

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:37 am Reply with quote

unwired, I am not sure what is going on within your particular environment. This works just fine for most installations. We have not changed the way PHP-Nuke has done this.

What you might want to do is install my Approve Membership Lite module (replacement for Your_Account index.php file and then set the option within the admin area to just auto-activate folks.

Unfortunately, mail problems are so host environment centric and so many different "flavors" of spam rules and such that there is no way for anyone here to really help you much. The upcoming RN release will have an auto-activation hack option already installed, but that is still a few weeks away.

I would venture to guess that the release after that we'll have the option to configure mail settings, including SMTP support.

unwired

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:15 am Reply with quote

Before I was using php-nuke 8.0 and I havent encountered such problem, and according to my host the phpmail is open.

sir montego, uhmm...its available in your download section?

montego

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:44 am Reply with quote

unwired, I am now confused. Above you say this:

unwired wrote:
Ok sir I will try to ask them.
Before I use php-nuke8.0 and I have the same problem and I saw a tweak of mailing script from karakas-online, and it did the job. I can receive my email, so is this also applicable in RN?

I now you say this:

unwired wrote:
Before I was using php-nuke 8.0 and I havent encountered such problem

So, I am confused as to what was working vs. not and what host was or was not working.... the bottom line is that RavenNuke / PHP-Nuke use PHP's mail() function. Maybe your host requires something different than most with regards to this. Would you please ask them for an example of what is needed for a PHP mail() function call. Maybe they require a special header to be added or something.

unwired

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:33 pm Reply with quote

montego, sir sorry ofr giving you some headache.Embarassed..Before I was using Nuke8.0 then I transferred to RN 2.10.01, and the email verification was sent in a matter of few minutes but in RavenNuke I got this problem.

The webhost sent me this:
Quote:
Please can you allow at least upto 10-15 minutes for an email sent by your website to arrive. Also please check all inboxes including junk / spam mail.

We can not guarentee email delivery due to email providers spam filtering.

I will try your auto-activation.. Smile

Thanks

montego

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:17 pm Reply with quote

Yes, you can try that, however, that is not the only module that sends emails.

You need to ask your host for the proper headers they require you to use as I suspect they might have some filtering even on their end.

This is why I suggested above the following:
Quote:

Would you please ask them for an example of what is needed for a PHP mail() function call

unwired

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm Reply with quote

I just sent them the request, I hope they will give me the example. uhmm sir where I can get the module? its not in your site? I tried to search there.

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:53 pm Reply with quote

You had the same host with PHP-Nuke 8.0 where the email worked?

unwired

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:29 pm Reply with quote

Yes sir, I am testing the no activation module, I will give you feedback after few tests..
Thanks for everythng.. RavensScripts :clap:

montego

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:57 am Reply with quote

Yeah, it does not make sense to me as we have not changed anything that I can think of in the mail() function calls. Maybe nuke 8.0 did??? Doubtful, but I guess anything is possible. However, my gut tells me your host has changed something between these two sites or do you still have 8.0 up and running and working fine?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic