Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's
mfiendd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:01 pm Reply with quote

I have a site owner requesting to go from RavenNuke to using a basic HTML theme. We need to migrate the users and forums from RavenNuke to a phpBB install.

I tried looking for posts on this but I failed to find any. I need to find out how this can be done since the table names are different and there could be differences within the tables.

I will also happily pay someone to write me a script to move the items that we need to a new database and then to convert them to be used with phpBB 2.0.20.

Current Specs:
BBtoNuke version is 2.0.19
PHP-Nuke version is rn76v2.02

Any help is greatly appreciated,

MFiendD

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:29 pm Reply with quote

You could post something in the "for hire" section. The questions I would ask are: how many users and how many posts am I talking about? Unless it is significant you might want to consider starting out from scratch. And that's after verifying that you don't need any of Nuke's other capabilities beyond Forums.

PHpBB 2.0.20 is also out of date. 2.0.22 is current and they are working on PHPbb 3 on the PHPbb site. Despite the delicacy of the topic you might want to make sure the site owner knows what he/she is getting into. For instance the term "basic HTML theme" is meaningless and an indicator that they don't have a clue what they are asking for.

mfiendd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:42 pm Reply with quote

The site has too many users. Starting from scratch is out the question. There will be no nuke capabilities.

For the owner’s sake of knowledge, he doesn't know much or anything about software engineering or web development so that’s where I came in.

The new site will be using SSI for the navigation and a few little scripts here and there. The owner is intimidated by the admin interface in PHPNuke as he doesn’t know where to go or what to do. Once I had his needs and his wants down I applied the KISS methodology when designing his new site.

My final task is moving the forums and users. This brought me here because he is currently using RavenNuke and I figured I might find some answers or a quick solution.

Thank you for your reply fkelly,

MFiendD

Gremmie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:02 pm Reply with quote

I would use a tool like MySQLDiff to see how you have to change the Nuke tables into the phpBB tables. That tool will generate the SQL needed to convert one database schema into another.

evaders99

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:43 pm Reply with quote

There is a converter from phpNuke to phpBB. You'll need to check out [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
It should also work for RavenNuke

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
mfiendd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:13 pm Reply with quote

Evaders99,

After spending a few minutes searching through phpbb's site I found the converter. Within minutes I had the tables copied over to the phpbb database with no issues. After a week of testing we have finally launched the new site.

Thank you everyone for your posts,

MFiendD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's

View next topic
View previous topic