Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 6.9
CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:17 am Reply with quote

I started having some problems yesterday and I haven't solved them yet.
What does it mean when I click on a forums link /modules.php?name=Forums or the New Posts link and I get a 500 internal server error? I can click on a forum topic in the summary block, and get to the message without problems.

And how come the membership list is showing the same member over and over and over again?

But the Private Messages are working fine.

Error log is showing this:
[Mon Apr 26 03:34:37 2004] [error] [client 206.116.253.170] File does not exist: /home/lovica/public_html/themes//style/style.css
no theme name?

A question about themes ... I installed MacOSx theme yesterday. I have had quite a few mac users, who can't use the site, I thought a theme for Mac might help. But it didn't work for me, windows, I couldn't change themes at all. I removed it, but then I started getting this forums problem. I've got no idea if the two things are related.

Ver 6.9 with many fixes and mods.

Last edited by CodyG on Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total 
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:28 am Reply with quote

Definitely sounds like they may be tied. One of the main causes of the 500 error is a problem in your .htaccess file. Have you recently made any changes there? Also, I would run a repair on your database.

CodyG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:40 am Reply with quote

I made no changes yesterday, but I just restored an .htaccess file from a recent backup, repaired the db (there was a nuke.module.message OP (somthing like that).
I restored nuke root files and modules/Forums.
Still no luck, still 500 error pages from the forums.html link.

I'm waiting to hear from host about any changes that might have been made there. Another suggestion?

I love my nuke ... so when it breaks like this in spectacular fashion ... is sad.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:42 am Reply with quote

The no theme name often times means the config table cannot be read. Are you having any MySQL connection problems?

CodyG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:41 am Reply with quote

no mysql problem

no db errors of any kind and the website is working fine ... just those links return 500 errors, both ... in the header and in the site nav block. And the membership list is crazy, although it displays, but it display the same user over and over.

CodyG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:54 am Reply with quote

Are you suggesting I replace the nuke_config table?
I tried doing something like that once ... it was a horrid experience, made blank pages in phpmyadmin.

But at this point, I'll try just about everything. Still waiting to hear from host... but suspect they didn't change anything and maybe this has something to do with my attempt to install mac theme.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:00 am Reply with quote

Make sure that the nuke_config table has a default_theme

CodyG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:11 am Reply with quote

Default theme in place in nuke_config just as it should be. I should have mentioned in my top post that I only tried changing my user theme to mac, not the default system theme. But all users are reporting the same issues.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:16 am Reply with quote

Just continuing to shoot in the dark here Smile. Using phpMyAdmin make sure the default_style setting is 1 in bbconfig table.

CodyG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:21 am Reply with quote

oops ... so I deleted the table I copied.

Last edited by CodyG on Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:37 am; edited 2 times in total 
Raven

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:23 am Reply with quote

Hit the forward key Smile

CodyG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:32 am Reply with quote

ya ... more coffee... I was thinking that it didn't look quite right.
default_style 1

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:37 am Reply with quote

Pm me your url so I can see this.

CodyG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:57 am Reply with quote

Thanks Raven I have my membership list back ... you are the best.

Now... about that 500 internal server error ... that you can't replicate. How odd is that? And what could it mean?

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:18 am Reply with quote

Since I can't reproduce it it's really difficult to fix Rolling Eyes

Just to continue to rule out possibles, try this.

Flush your cache.
Delete your cookies.
Login using the id/pass you gave me.

Still get the error? If so, go into Forum admin and rename your cookie. Just add a number to the end.

CodyG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:24 pm Reply with quote

Every link, or redirect to a Forums index page is manifesting 500 internal server errors ... for some users. I am one of them.

Raven tried and couldn't replicate it. How disappointing/telling is that? I've posted a sitenote asking all my users to tell me their experience with it. So far it's about 25% of users who are experiencing this problem.

I'm about looped about what to look for next. I've restored month old backups to /includes and /themes and modules/forums. I've deleted cookies and files, over and over. I've repaired and optimized the db, there are no db errors at all. Everything in nuke_bbconfig looks nominal.

On another 6.9 site, site b, on the same server, there are no problems accessing Forum links. There are some differences in the bbconfig file...
cookies...
Session length [ seconds ] 0 site a
Session length [ seconds ] 3600 site b

I changed site a to 3600 ... nothing changed about the error.

Last night New Posts Links, Forum Index Links, and Search Links produced 500 errors. But users could read, reply, and post New Topics accessing messages through the forum summary block. This morning, I can't post replies! It's spreading Sad

Because I can get to forums index page on site b ... how could it be a browser issue? If some users get the error and some don't, how could it be a nuke config issue?

I logged in as you ... and it worked for me! But I've deleted cookies and cleared cache before. I'm going to try again.

Now it works ... hmmm, I wonder if that session 3600 had something to do with something and I didn't give it enough time before ruling that out as a problem. I would have thought any sessions configured in forums config would be overruled by sesssions and cookies configured through nuke?

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:28 pm Reply with quote

2 separate cookies are used. After you changed the time you needed to flush and delete before it would have recognized the change. The cookie was my suspicion and that's why I needed you to log in as me Smile. So, are you set to go now?

Last edited by Raven on Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total 
CodyG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:41 pm Reply with quote

yes ... I can breath again. Thank you oh great nuke guru... may your decendants be happy, healthy, and wise like you.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 6.9

View next topic
View previous topic