Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues
sergeantjay

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:24 pm Reply with quote

I'm running RavenNuke 2.10 and loving it! fpsgn.com I finally got all my issues worked out. I just installed vWar 1.5 R15 (latest version) and it works fine by itself. Are there modules (blocks) that can be added that work with my version of Nuke? I've tried installing several already and none seem to work. Can someone point me in the right direction?

floppydrivez
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:51 am Reply with quote

You can check out some downloads on [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] but I don't recommend vwar for security reasons.

Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:01 am Reply with quote

Ya, vwar is a very popular avenue for hackers. A friends site was infiltrated and almost totally destroyed via access through vwar. Though, he was several versions of nuke sentinel away from current, and had not been keeping up on phpnuke patches, either. Someone needs to come up with a stand-alone version of vwar that can reside outside of phpnuke so if they get into vwar they will still have to deal with NS to get to the main website. But don't listen to me, as I don't know anything about hacking or how to keep from getting hacked. But when Raven's news tells me to update something (NS, phpnuke, phpbb, coppermine) I do.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:01 pm Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I am not sure if the vulnerability in vwar and being separate will really help much unless they are under different domains (and servers?). Some of the exploit scripts in use, once allowed to be placed on your server through ANY such exploitable script, basically opens you completely up. The old adage applies: "you are only as vulnerable as your weakest link".

Sure makes you wish these guys would put their smarts to better, more productive uses...

Doulos

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:30 am Reply with quote

Like I said....
Ezekiel wrote:
But don't listen to me,

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:31 pm Reply with quote

My gaming friends website was hacked through vWar. I don't follow that project so I don't know if they fixed the exploits or not.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:13 pm Reply with quote

vWar wasn't standalone? If it was designed for phpNuke, I haven't seen any updates for it that doesn't allow phpNuke sites to get hacked.

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
frisp
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:12 am Reply with quote

vWar is both standalone and integrated. Latest revision (for nuke integrated) is 1.5 R15.2

[_]frisp 
azakow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:19 am Reply with quote

frisp wrote:
vWar is both standalone and integrated. Latest revision (for nuke integrated) is 1.5 R15.2

... and was fine with uptodate vwar scripts in conjunction with NS, until recently. Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad

You'll find lots of info about the phpnuke vwar module here.
My guess is furl_open for the server.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic