Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
bigbuck08

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:27 pm Reply with quote

I am having a problem with my site. I installed PHPNuke 7.9 and patched it to 3.3. It has its own database and is installed on a sub domain inside of its own folder. This seems to happen only when it is in its own folder. Below is the link to my site and the error message recieved.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Code:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare sql_logout() (previously declared in /home/***/public_html/nuke-themes/nuke/includes/sql_layer.php:128) in /home/***/public_html/includes/sql_layer.php on line 33

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:03 pm Reply with quote

It almost looks like you have two /includes directories: one appears to be under /nuke and the other up at a higher level under /public_html. If you want to put your entire system under /public_html/nuke then you've got to take care not to FTP it to two places and if you have old versions lying around, well: back them up and get rid of them from your server.

It's also strange that this problem only seems to happen with forums. But you really need to look at your directory structure first and make sure that's right.

bigbuck08

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:53 pm Reply with quote

When i created the sub domain it created the folder nuke-themes in my main directory and this is where i have that installation installed. My main website [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] is installed in the public_html. As far as I am aware, my directory is the way it is supposed to be. My main site is Nuke Evolution and the one ine the nuke-themes/nuke/ directory is just regular phphnuke.

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:56 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, you've got two distro's overlapping it looks like.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:59 am Reply with quote

bigbuck08, make sure within your preferences you have the right full path to your installation that is in a subdirectory. I don't understand why it has placed this under yet another subdirectory? Why didn't the install place this at the root of your subdomain.

In addition, you may have to tweak the Forum Admin --> Configuration domain reference too (just remember that it is without the "http://" in front there).

bigbuck08

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:01 am Reply with quote

The path for the preferences is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
I also changed it in the forums to nuke-themes.unique-gfx.com/nuke-themes/nuke/.
Whenever you create a sub domain it creates a folder for that sub domain inside of your main directory. As I am going to be having three different install of nuke, it would be impossible to have them setup in the root of the sub domain. That is why I installed it in the folder nuke/. It works fine when it is installed in the root of the sub domain, it messes up when I move it to its own folder.

montego

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:39 pm Reply with quote

I know that this works in RavenNuke, but I am not sure about standard 7.9 nuke. I suspect that you cannot make three separate subdomains because of a limit on the number of subdomains for your account?

The only other thing that I can think of is the NukeSentinel "Force URL" feature, which I would turn off, but I am not even sure that you are using NS.

I would make absolutely certain that all your files were uploaded properly. You may even give it another try with a good FTP client such as FileZilla (free from sourceforge.net).

bigbuck08

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:56 pm Reply with quote

I have unlimited sub domains, but the three installs will be under one domain but each will have its own folder. nuke will be for PHPNuke, platinum, for Nuke Platinum, and evolution for Nuke Evolution. You are correct, I am using NS. I will turn that off if it isnt already and give it another try. I use SmartFTP as my FTP client.

montego

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:23 am Reply with quote

Hopefully NS was causing it, otherwise, you may need to have three separate subdomains rather than trying to use a subdirectory (since you say that it runs fine within the root of a subdomain).

bigbuck08

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:06 pm Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay in replying, I was gone working on a house. NS isnt the cause.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:42 pm Reply with quote

It still looks to me like your paths are wrong.
If your main domain is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and your nuke is installed in a sub-domain called nuke-themes then the correct path should be; [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

bigbuck08

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:22 pm Reply with quote

Correct. And the path to where my Nuke is installed is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] The paths are correct.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:17 pm Reply with quote

So you have changed them from one of your previous posts which said
Quote:

The path for the preferences is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
I also changed it in the forums to nuke-themes.unique-gfx.com/nuke-themes/nuke/.
?
Sorry to appear dim but I'm just trying to make sure we are on the same wavelength.

bigbuck08

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:07 pm Reply with quote

That is my fault. The path is correct on my site, i just wrote it wrong on here. It is what I said the second time. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

montego

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:25 am Reply with quote

bigbuck08 wrote:
Whenever you create a sub domain it creates a folder for that sub domain inside of your main directory. As I am going to be having three different install of nuke, it would be impossible to have them setup in the root of the sub domain. That is why I installed it in the folder nuke/. It works fine when it is installed in the root of the sub domain, it messes up when I move it to its own folder.

Then the above is not correct, if this is in fact still in your preferences and forums config.

It would have to be:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
nuke-themes.unique-gfx.com/nuke/

respectively.

I just cannot see why this is not working.

bigbuck08

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:13 am Reply with quote

I dont understand it either. I know it is possible to install multiple installations of Nuke. The thing is, it has its own database and in its own folder to prevent things like this happening. I double checked and the paths are correct in both the forums and preferences as you had stated Montego.

bigbuck08

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quote

After working on it some more, i am pretty sure it is a bug in standard phpnuke 7.9. Im working on running a test right now to see if I am correct.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic