Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help
beerfrog
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:11 am Reply with quote

Hi all.

I just installed the new RN .01 and as always it runs smothly.

I had an old site that was hacked running PhpNuke7.6 (i think) and I would like to transfer some of the old content to the new installation.
Such as forums, news, topics, users and so on

The old database is attributed nuke_
The new database is attributed Pv2_

How do I copy the data from one db to the other, i've tried running it as an "operation" i myphpadmin, but it fails for some reason.

Is there any way to copy multiple tables (nuke_) and rename the old attributes to replace the new empty tables at Pv2_

Cheers / B

Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:07 am Reply with quote

If the tables had the exact same structure you could use phpMyAdmin to export (as SQL and keep the data) and then import the data into the new database. There are export and import tabs in phpMyAdmin.

If the structures don't match you may have to ALTER the old tables first. A tool like mysqldiff will help tell you that.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:08 am Reply with quote

Oh and to get around the different table prefixes you would have to edit the SQL generated by the export before doing the import.

nextgen
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:15 pm Reply with quote

What if you had 2 different databases and you wanted to pull the forum posts, users and PM's from one to the other and they are different tables like the user table had nuke_points, respect etc and the other didnt. What would i use to join one to the other.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:09 pm Reply with quote

Do you want the other one to get those fields or just ignore them in the new table?

You could export the data with phpMyAdmin and massage it with a text editor. Or you could use a tool like MySQLDiff.

nextgen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:23 pm Reply with quote

I need to keep those fields and add the other users to the users tables so they will begin to earn points, respect etc. Thanks for the very quick response by the way. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Post Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic