Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues
yourworst

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quote

Ok, i've tried many things, i had a post about the AutoActivate mod but that thing didn't work because the coding for RN is a lil diffrent then PHPNuke so i was wondering if i could get some help on how to setup the Autoactivation for people who register, because currently im just clicking on the "Waiting" link for the users waiting for to be accepted onto the site and i can't just wait and refresh my website every 5 seconds to see if any new registers, so any help on getting the Autoactivation to work?

Thanks,

-YoUrWoRsT

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:32 am Reply with quote

<bump>

shane42
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:37 am Reply with quote

yourworst, have you fixed your problem with autoactivate mod?

yourworst

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:53 am Reply with quote

nope man still doing it manually, once im done setting everything up and redoing my theme i'll have to give it a good look even tho i'll prolly not find out what to do, but i'll have to look, wouldn't mind any help on this subject peepz

shane42

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:08 pm Reply with quote

well, i fixed mine, so i can tell you how you can add it with ease..

do not replace your index.php file, i tried that and got access denied.. Next I did manual update of the said file, found all lines and changed them to what it said, again, that didn't work.. but that made me think..

All you have to do is instead of copy/paste whole line, just add the changed part to your line so, look at what code they give to be replaced, yours will be similar as they have some strings defined differently and $gfxchk has been added to it too.. anyway, add those bits of code to your code and it will work.

That's how i did mine, just be careful to find the corresponding lines. if yo are still having problems i can post code here

yourworst

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:10 pm Reply with quote

hey, yah could u post the code you changed? so i can check/change it when i get a chance.

Thanks,

-YoUrWoRsT

EDIT: lol sry bout that, its fixed =)

Last edited by yourworst on Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:15 pm; edited 2 times in total 
shane42

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:12 pm Reply with quote

for one i'm not a man, lol, but yeah i'll post it here just give me some time to get on it as busy right this minute

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:16 pm Reply with quote

You will probably get snagged by NukeSentinel(tm) if you try posting a lot of code. If you do then provide a link to your code instead.

shane42

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:18 pm Reply with quote

no probs, i can post a link to it instead, shouldn't be a problem

shane42

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:49 pm Reply with quote

I have personally changed code in this mod to make it compatible with RNv2.10.01.
The file includes clean index.php file already modded and autoActivate switched ON, it also includes step by step code change for already modded files. It is in .zip format for upload, just follow

ump, wonder why it's not working.. let me check something, will edit post shortly

[url=http://resevil.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/DL/autoActivate Modv8.zip]click here[/url]

ump, well that's where it is, dunno why link is not working tho, you may have to copy/paste the url

yourworst

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:28 pm Reply with quote

Thanks alot it works great!

-YoUrWoRsT

shane42

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:28 pm Reply with quote

you're welcome

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:37 pm Reply with quote

I have since added this hack to the upcoming RN release, however, in the interim I realized (duh!) that my Approved Membership Lite hack from my site has this option:

Admin approval off - no activation link

Just install the hack, which IS compatible with 2.10.01, and set that setting and no activation link will ever get sent.

I will be lobbying to get include the "Lite" hack into the next release of RN and then you'll have the best of all worlds...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic