Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Apache
tommyb
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:48 am Reply with quote

Hi,

Does anyone here have any experience with install libogg? I need to install it. I have the extracted it but when running make it throws up some errors. I'm new to fully managing a server and although I have the log of the errors I'm not too sure on what I should be doing. I think it's missing some dependencies maybe some stuff to do with c++.

If anyone thinks they might be able to help please reply.

Many Thanks

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:49 am Reply with quote

What distro of linux are you using? (I assume Linux if this is a real web server.. why pay for M$)

I personally use the package managers .. yum, portage, etc to handle all those dependency issues. Is that what you've tried?

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
tommyb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:12 am Reply with quote

Its Fedora Core 4. I've tried doing ./configure and thats when i get the error. It gave me a log I don't know if that would be any use to you?

evaders99

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:12 pm Reply with quote

Use
yum search libogg

If that returns the right package, you can just do
yum install libogg

It will find all the listed dependencies and install them. Fedora Core is quite nice on that Smile

tommyb

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:22 am Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for that it worked a treat. I'm trying to install ffmpeg and all its dependencies and i couldn't get past ligobb. After that I installed libvorbis and everything else but when it comes to ./configure --enable-libvoribs for ffmpeg itself it throws up another error libvorbis not found yet it is installed.

I don't know if you would be able to help anymore? I can send you the error log file if that helps. As i say i'm new to all this and it just goes over my head (php used to be like that so hopefully one day i'll be able to offer help on this Razz)

I tried yum search ffmpeg but that didnt work Sad

cheers

evaders99

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:10 am Reply with quote

I really don't know about this, perhaps libvorbis needs to be configued somewhere.
Hopefully somewhere here uses linux more as a general-use machine and can help you on this one

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Apache

View next topic
View previous topic