Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BBtoNuke
corporalstorm
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:26 pm Reply with quote

Well I moved over to the new RavenNuke.. I got almost every moved except my freaking forum.. The export doesnt work thats built into the control panel.. I tried a hard method of extracting every _bb table in the db and importing it to the new one.. Didn't work.. It showed some posts, but then said there were none.. Some posts had 0 replies which I knew had replies.. Big mess.. Had to get the default tables put back in to fix it..

Anyone know of a method to carry it over?

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:50 pm Reply with quote

Do you have access to phpMyAdmin? Is that what you mean by export in the control panel?

corporalstorm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:54 pm Reply with quote

Yep.. I used phpMyAdmin to export all the tables.. Imported them to my new site.. Checked the forum and it had some posts.. But some posts were showing 0 replies when they infact had replies.. It was just confusing.. I'm wondering if I need to send over the User DB as well? I haven't got that far because I'm having MONDO problems with the Forums..

Right now when you pull my forum up it screws the entire website up.. Some file in there is over-riding my sites theme (not the forums theme) and screwing up tables, etc so everything is out of alignment..

fkelly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:35 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Well I moved over to the new RavenNuke. I got almost every moved except my freaking forum.. The export doesn't work thats built into the control panel..

We can feel your "anguish" but let's back up a little. What exactly did you move over to the new Ravennuke from? How did you do the move?

Your users table will need a user for everyone who has posted in the Forums and there are various other "relationships" that need to be valid for your system to work. But we really need to know what you were starting from and what exact release of RN you were using before we can do more than guess at a solution.

corporalstorm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quote

fkelly wrote:
Quote:
Well I moved over to the new RavenNuke. I got almost every moved except my freaking forum.. The export doesn't work thats built into the control panel..

We can feel your "anguish" but let's back up a little. What exactly did you move over to the new Ravennuke from? How did you do the move?

Your users table will need a user for everyone who has posted in the Forums and there are various other "relationships" that need to be valid for your system to work. But we really need to know what you were starting from and what exact release of RN you were using before we can do more than guess at a solution.

I'm sorry.. I am just trying to grab every side of this pony and get it moved lol..

I was using phpNuke 8.0.. What I did was I logged into phpMyAdmin and I exported every table that was nuke_bb (for bulletin board) and then I imported it into the RavenNuke 10 system.

If there is a solution then I'm set.. If not it's not a huge deal honestly.. This project turned much larger then I had expected.. Now I have a user DB of over 200 I need to move and I've noticed some db tables are much different now.. So I have a feeling I'm going to need to strip the old database down to only UID, Username, Password and Email inorder for the users to retain their login information instead of making them re-register again.

Gremmie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:18 pm Reply with quote

Well the tables in PHP-Nuke 8.0 are different than those expected by RavenNuke. You need to "downgrade" (mis-named) your tables first to match the format expected by RN2.10.01.

There is a downgrader script around here somewhere that was made for 7.8 but reports have it that works for 7.9 and 8.0. You can also use a tool called mysqldiff that will compare two databases and generate SQL to bring one in line with the other. That is what I used to convert my 7.9 site to RN. I actually posted what I used in another thread:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

If you search these forums for "downgrade script" you might find what you need.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:41 am Reply with quote

The downgrade script can be found on [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] in their downloads.

corporalstorm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:06 pm Reply with quote

I looked at the downgrade script.. Some of the tables are not the same in Raven 10.. for instance in R10 its banner_clients, downgrade script is making it bannerclients..

evaders99

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:58 pm Reply with quote

The downgrader is just to get to 7.6 standard. You still have to do the table changes from 7.6 to RavenNuke (there are numerous threads on that)

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
montego

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:12 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

there are numerous threads on that

Actually, take a look at the HowToInstall manual which comes with RN. On the Upgrade/Migrate page, it talks about what to do next. Follow those instructions (for the Migration) and you will have a success!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BBtoNuke

View next topic
View previous topic