Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.8
shotokan
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 11:38 am Reply with quote

I have this server block running on my site (nuke 7.8 patched 3.3) and working fine but since it's taking too much space of my main page i was wondering to convert it to a module instead, this way i could use the center portion os the site to better show he NEWS which is what i want.

Well i try doing the conventional but it is not working 100%. As a block it was a two piece code. First the block itself that is an IFRAME calling another program into a different directory and like i said it's working like that.

Here is the first code that call the monitor code: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

This one above is working fine and create my dropdown list option but when it comes to the second code below i am getting the famous page not found. I try but couldn't find the problem since using as a block before was working fine.

Here is the monitor code: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Any help here to find where my problem is will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Last edited by shotokan on Sun May 06, 2007 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total 
shotokan

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:16 pm Reply with quote

I managed to make the module to work but know there is only one small isssue. When the first program (index.php) call the second program (modules.php) into the IFRAME i got the message "you can't access this file directly". should i remove this condition from my program?

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:20 pm Reply with quote

You shouldn't remove that message. That's a means to assure that everything within nuke accesses files within modules by going thru modules.php. If you look at the address bar when you click on a module name you will see something like this:

Quote:
http://yoursite.org/html/modules.php?name=HTML_Newsletter

If you go thru modules then the constant 'MODULE_FILE' will be defined and you won't get that message.

shotokan

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:12 am Reply with quote

OK. I haveadded the message back but now look what happens to my module.
You can look at the codes on the zip's above since i have updated them to show what i have now.

Look at the module here. On the left menu it is called "Server Monitor" [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Look that is my program index.php that is calling the monitor.php inside an IFRAME and both codes are in the same place /modules/Monitor/ so i don't know why the message is appearing to me as it was being accessed outside of the modules.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:18 pm Reply with quote

shotokan, the URL within the IFRAME really needs to have a similar structure that the above posted one has if this is a nuke module.

You current have: location.href='modules/Monitor/monitor.php?id=nn' for the iframe URL.

You need to figure out how to turn that into something more like this:

location.href='modules.php?name=Monitor&id=nn'

See what we mean by needing the module to go through modules.php?

I wondering if the following would work:

location.href='modules.php?name=Monitor&file=monitor&id=nn'

Not sure...

shotokan

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:28 pm Reply with quote

montego wrote:
shotokan, the URL within the IFRAME really needs to have a similar structure that the above posted one has if this is a nuke module.

You current have: location.href='modules/Monitor/monitor.php?id=nn' for the iframe URL.
You need to figure out how to turn that into something more like this:
location.href='modules.php?name=Monitor&id=nn'
See what we mean by needing the module to go through modules.php?
I wondering if the following would work:
location.href='modules.php?name=Monitor&file=monitor&id=nn'
Not sure...

Hey Montego,

You're a genius... It worked like charm.
Thanks man.

montego

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:55 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

You're a genius... It worked like charm.

Wow. I can honestly say that I am pleasantly surprised! Dance-Stick

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.8

View next topic
View previous topic