Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 8.0
gom
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:35 am Reply with quote

Hello to all that know more then I,

As I am a noob I am starting to feel overwhelmed with all the information out the on CMS. I picked up PHP-NUKE 8.0 and applied the latest patch and all. Now I am looking to install NukeSentinel_2507_70-80.tar. Should I do this or not ? Furthermore after reading some more, it looks as if I may have mad a bad choice by going with PHP-NUKE 8.0. Now I am thinking that I may want to look into another CMS like Ravens CMS, before our content and membership fill up. Is there a way to migrate PHP-NUKE 8.0 to let's say Raven's CMS ? Is there any cool tools like AT for PHP-NUKE 8.0 ? Will I be able to extract my NuketoBB & Nuke DB to Ravens Forums & DB ? I know so many questions... Please any direction would be of great help..

Thank you for your time,

GOM

PS.

Or are there some patch's that I can apply to my 8.0 version to make it better ? I see the Raven and other have moded PHP-NUKE to make it better, I guess I am right in thinking this ?

PS,PS.

If i was to move to RavenNUKE would I see better page load times ? As of now I am getting 4.5 to 7.8 sec load time.. my DB is no more then 800k as of now.

Dawg
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:56 pm Reply with quote

Gom,
Can it be done....yes, but at what price......IMHO Just ditch 8.0....install RN and go from there. What is released by FB is garbage and will do nothing but get you hacked. RN will give you many years on excellent service and is supported by the best in the biz.

Dawg

gom

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:28 pm Reply with quote

Thanks,

i have installed RN I do have some problems with it....

And have made a post on it in the install section.. and i just got onother problem as well.. will make a post.

GOM

gom

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quote

Also what about my data from PHP-NUKE 8.0, can I bring it over to RN ?

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:15 pm Reply with quote

There are many posts on the data base conversion issue(s). Search. Basically there are scripts that you can use to bridge the data base differences between PHPnuke 8.0 and Ravennuke 2.10. These differences are not that large anyway and you can also use a tool like Mysqldiff (also discussed in other threads here) to identify them. Once you have the databases structurally identical you can then dump and reload from 8.0 to 2.10. A tool like bigdump (also discussed in another thread) will help a lot.

Don't mean to keep referring you to other posts but these issues have been discussed many times here.

gom

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:08 pm Reply with quote

Thank you for the info.. I kinda knew that there must be some post on the topic, I just wanted to know if it could be done for sure.

GOM

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:44 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

I just wanted to know if it could be done for sure.

Yes, others have had success with it. I believe it was Gremmie who posted some SQL to go from either 7.9 to RN or 8.0. If that helps you in your search.

gom

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:26 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
Quote:

I just wanted to know if it could be done for sure.

Yes, others have had success with it. I believe it was Gremmie who posted some SQL to go from either 7.9 to RN or 8.0. If that helps you in your search.

I found the post on this, thank you..

Another ?,

Once I get RN up and running and I then start to migrate my DB from PHP-NUKE 8.0, will my god admin account over wright my new RN God admin account, or do I not take the data from this table in to RN DB ?

Also, will I be able to keep all my users information like passwords, etc. ? I would think yes, but just want to make sure again..

montego

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:31 am Reply with quote

no, the way the process is best done, IMO, is to downgrade your current 8.0 database to 7.6, apply the RN changes to it, and then use that db as your final RN database. That will ensure (we all hope anyways) that all your users, articles, posts, etc. all are intact. I would only use the RN clean database as a comparison point in case you run into any troubles.

Again, I'd do all of this on your local PC using XAMPP (an entire Apache, PHP, mySQL, +) environment so that you can test the heck out of your final version. Once everything is good and the process is down pat, take a backup of your production web site, db and files, and apply the same tested process there for your final migration.

gom

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:36 am Reply with quote

AAA, I see.

8.0 has more garbage in it, lol. So remove this stuff bring it to 7.6 compliance test the hell out of it to make sure it all good, up load and have fun... The good thing is that we only have 18 registered users as of now and not to may post in our forums.. I have not added any third party MOD's other then AT and I will most likely not add it to RN. I would like to find a way to take my AT theme and make it a standard theme for RN, will have to do some searching on this one...

Thank you for the clarification..

montego

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:17 am Reply with quote

Yes, that is the "jist" of it. Good luck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 8.0

View next topic
View previous topic