Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Installer/Setup Issues
kerry
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:36 am Reply with quote

Got all successes during the install up until the instruction on grief/HowToInstall/index.php
Quote:
Configure Base RavenNukeā„¢
Most settings have already been pre-configured in the installation process so far. There are just a few more settings that you may want to configure at this time. It is suggested that you open up another browser session and point your address bar to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
to bring up /grief/admin.php. What I got was a blank white page.

/grief/ is my RN directory.

I got all passing grades during the install up until this point. I assumed that I had entered everything correctly else I wouldn't have been forwarded.

Tip?

Thanks,

Kerry
New install of RavenNuke 2.10
Vista IE7
CuteFTP

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:05 am Reply with quote

are you sure its installed?
checked the database if tables are there?
can you turn on error report in config.php , see if it then shows any error ?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:42 am Reply with quote

It sounds to me like a missing or corrupt file. Personally, I have scrapped ALL other FTP clients and use FileZilla (free from SourceForge.net) exclusively now. Never had an issue... (where is that knock-on-wood smiley!)

hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:42 am Reply with quote

you mean that one?

kerry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:19 pm Reply with quote

phpMyAdmin (Databases) grief = 111 tables

INSTALLATION/installSQL.php I got
Quote:

it appears that your database and config.php file have been setup correctly and the database is ready to be populated with the tables that you will need for RavenNuke(tm) Version 2.10.00."
I loaded all 5 tables plus AllIP2COUNTRY Data and clicked INSTALLATION/setup.php

/setup.php I got

Quote:
config.php file found!
Successfully connected to localhost as user prefix_Kerry and assigned password!
Database prefix_grief found!

I reentered the Configuration Settings for RavenNuke and NukeSentinel Core Functionality and got
Quote:
Congrats...Config has been completed cont with HowtoInstall.
and the instruction to bring up /grief/admin.php but I still get a blank white page.

I installed FileZilla and changed FALSE to TRUE in config.php but I don't know how to trigger error reports. grief/config.php = blank page

I don't know what to do next.

Thanks,

Kerry

Last edited by kerry on Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total 
hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:21 pm Reply with quote

yeah that happens with firefox
try IE

kerry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:07 pm Reply with quote

Hi hitwalker,

I don't know where you got that I was using FF because I've been using Vista's IE7, however, your reply prompted me to try both FF and Opera and I also tried closing and opening IE and got the the same white page.

Kerry

hitwalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:39 pm Reply with quote

well i do see you edited your previous reply ,the eror you got is gone..
thats why i suggested IE cause no matter what i entered on the first install ,nothing was good.
something is very wrong....
but turn on error report in config.php
see if it shows something in admin then..

kerry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:30 am Reply with quote

Quote:
I installed FileZilla and changed FALSE to TRUE in config.php but I don't know how to trigger error reports. grief/config.php = blank page
I need instructions on how to get config.php to reveal errors now that I have error reporting set to TRUE.

Thanks,

Kerry

kerry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:58 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
It sounds to me like a missing or corrupt file. Personally, I have scrapped ALL other FTP clients and use FileZilla (free from SourceForge.net) exclusively now. Never had an issue... (where is that knock-on-wood smiley!)
It appears you were right on montego. I reinstalled everything using FileZilla and sure enough I got "Congratulations! You have installed one of the most secure phpNuke installations available. " Yea!

Thanks much all.

Kerry

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Installer/Setup Issues

View next topic
View previous topic