Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Bug Reports - Other Issues
mrix
Client

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:21 am Reply with quote

Hello all since the upgrade the dynamic titles are a bit odd Confused
If you check your page source for the meta tag you will see that the Title and description is the same Question
Normally what used to happen for me was in preferences I would add the Title which would be correct and in the slogon bit that would normally be my description.
Cheers all
mrix
I did have a look around but couldnt find anything on this
basically when you use the preferences the Add Title and the site slogon seem to be reversed ?

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:27 am Reply with quote

no its not..
if you look at your other pages you see it changes....
you use simple description sea fishing and that sets you at number 2 at google..
no reason to complain... Wink

mrix

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:49 pm Reply with quote

Hello, I have only just upgraded and I asure you I would never complain for something that free Very Happy
Basically what you are seeing as my title is my description, I would really like a longer description but if i added that it would make my title too big.
so I have had to make my title and slogon the same thing and I have no idea what google will think of that when it updates me Confused

Cheers
mrix

hitwalker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:17 pm Reply with quote

well if someones types sea fishing they get your site at number 2.
so thats great...
and althought things are not long....that doesnt matter as google doesnt care about your meta that much anymore...,but other search engines do.....
your page titles change so its looks ok.,theres no reason to change things.

Susann

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:08 am Reply with quote

I don´t agree with Hitwalker.
I had the best results with metas in different modules but since I`m using RavenNuke I lost this option. My meta.php`s are still in the different modules and I have changed the header but somewhere that doesn´t work anymore like the old way.
So quick question: How do we change this for different describtion and different keywords within the modules ?

hitwalker

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:18 am Reply with quote

blowing new life in an old topic susann....?.. Laughing
this is an endless discussion..
as everybody believes in google you might as well say dump your metatags cause google doesnt care.
but others do care and in combination with site content and keyword you can do a lot..
my system works like that,i can do whatever i want....

susann,theres a module out there that let you set every modules keyword ,metatag..everything...
use that and you have your old situation back.....

Susann

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:26 am Reply with quote

I know its an old topic but somewhere I'm annoyed about to do many things again. ...
No, I don´t what the complete old situation back thats the reason why I choosed RavenNuke for my own community.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:30 pm Reply with quote

Susann, we did not change anything related to the META tags with the exception of making them XHTML compliant. Thats it. So, otherwise, they are PHP-Nuke 7.6. In addition, Dynamic Titles only changes the Page Title, nothing else.

So, I am not sure what you are referring to changing here. However, kguske is working on building into nukeSEO the ability to have dynamic META tags too.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:27 am Reply with quote

Correct. The next release of nukeSEO will have dynamic headers (titles, descriptions and META tags) and you will be able to override them at the module and even specific content level. Working hard to get that asap...

Susann

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:07 am Reply with quote

I had something like that already in 6.5 and my website was for a long time for some keys an authority site.I also worked hard. Its sad thats over. I lost my good ranking.
But I hope and I know that we can optimize RavenNuke a bit better in the future. Maybe next level a RavenNukeSeo release.

montego

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:23 am Reply with quote

Quote:

I had something like that already in 6.5 and my website was for a long time for some keys an authority site.I also worked hard. Its sad thats over. I lost my good ranking.

It sounds like it is something that you hacked over the years. Dynamic meta tags were never a part of PHP-Nuke that I can recall.

Personally, I'd love to add nukeSEO to RavenNuke(tm)...

OffTopic

Kguske, I'd be interesting in talking over the Dynamic Titles part of nukeSEO. If you are already doing the research on this and have something that you are cooking up, I don't want to duplicate that effort. I have no emotional ties to DT... I've merely been trying to keep it alive and move it forward, but mrix has raised some good questions about it in another thread too and I was starting to research those... Can we "talk" off-line? Maybe after I get back from my cruise...

kguske

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:49 am Reply with quote

montego, absolutely - let's talk when you get back. As for adding nukeSEO to RN, we need to eliminate the requirement for writing the meta.php file (the new approach will store it in a DB table) and also to make it compliant (sitemap and META tags at a minimum).

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Bug Reports - Other Issues

View next topic
View previous topic