Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Not Bugs
slick_303
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:40 pm Reply with quote

I'm trying to get 2.10 installed on my localhost server, which is php 5.0.27, and i get a 400 error. When I point to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] , It changes it to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] , and gives the 400 error. Guess it's time to try the ole phpmysql using the included sql files....

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:17 pm Reply with quote

Hmmmm. I just installed it on PHP 5.2.21 and it installed without any problems.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:21 pm Reply with quote

There must be something in your PHP setup causing this. This is working just fine for me on PHP 5.2.1. Unfortunately, I have not encountered this or anything like it, so I am not much help. Sad Sorry.

slick_303

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:47 pm Reply with quote

On all my sites on my localhost php5 server....it doesnt seem to like the <? statement in .php files, it HAS to be <?php , I have no clue if it's the way my server is setup or what....

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:22 pm Reply with quote

It's how your server is set up. Your setup doesn't allow short tags. Unfortunately this will cause you other issues also. To correct this, in your root level .htaccess file, add this line at the top.

PHP_FLAG short_open_tag 1

That should take care of it.

slick_303

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:47 am Reply with quote

Welp, I already did a manual install. I did however find this setting in my php.ini file, and now the install and setup programs seem to work. I didn't go very far, as I have it installed already, but looks like it works. However, my Short Links still do not work. Obveously no biggie as I can just leave that option off, however would be nice to have. I'm assuming all these issues I'm having are related to my local web server setup, and that if I were to u/l to my hosting company, all would work. I sure would like to see everything work on my localhost b4 i send it to my web host tho.

Thanx for the help thus far...
SLiCK_303

montego

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:44 am Reply with quote

slick_303, be sure to read the manual regarding ShortLinks. 9 times out of 10 it is because you have not copied over the statements from ShortLinks.htaccess into .htaccess. If you still find issues with it, there is a specific forum here to post in.

slick_303

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:08 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
slick_303, be sure to read the manual regarding ShortLinks. 9 times out of 10 it is because you have not copied over the statements from ShortLinks.htaccess into .htaccess. If you still find issues with it, there is a specific forum here to post in.

You are correct, that is the issue. However, as soon as I add the stuff from ShortLinks.htaccess into .htaccess, my site stops working altogether.

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:14 am Reply with quote

Have you checked your server Error Log to see why it stops?

slick_303

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:11 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Have you checked your server Error Log to see why it stops?

I have looked, only because you brought it up. Wink This is what I get in my apache error log...

[Mon Mar 12 16:04:05 2007] [alert] [client 127.0.0.1] D:/newRoot/RavenNuke_2.10/.htaccess: Invalid command 'RewriteEngine', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:09 pm Reply with quote

It appears that your host doesn't have the Apache Rewrite module installed. Run phpinfo and verify that mod_rewrite is installed.

slick_303

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:30 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
It appears that your host doesn't have the Apache Rewrite module installed. Run phpinfo and verify that mod_rewrite is installed.

And that's why you get the big bucks....

I turned on the rewrite module in my apache server, and all is well. Sorry all my issues were server related, but THANKS for helpin me!! Groovy

montego

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:37 am Reply with quote

Dance-Y

Thanks for the "assist" Raven! Wink I only get on the boards about once per day...

I have also added to Guardian's Sticky here on a little trick Raven showed me long back on how to not make sure its installed, but how to make sure it actually is working:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Not Bugs

View next topic
View previous topic