Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
wiz
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:32 pm Reply with quote

Could not connect to main MySQL

Ive been messing with installing webpost. Created a seperate db..fine, edited the required config...fine.

Now my site displays this error on index.php.

Naturally i check the Db,Db names and pw's in Cpanel.
Then i upload a backup copy of Config.php

Still no cigar

Therefore i upload an emergency html error page so that our members dont wonder wth is going on.

I contacted my host, and he suggested i post the issue on his forums..so here i am Wink

Any ideas? Surely if the config and db users are matching, there shouldnt be a 'non' connection. Obviously its not the host as Raven asked me to start a topic here.
EEK!!

Cheers
WIZ

bugsTHoR
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:50 pm Reply with quote

mmm...

whats your site ?

did you edit the ip and port correctly

Clanthemes.com are great (free advertisements for now until i get to 20,000 posts LoL) 
wiz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:57 pm Reply with quote

I dont think you understand the error properly, i set up webpost on a seperate db.

But now my main Nuke db is failing to connect. As i said ive checked the db user and pass, and also against the config.php

Not sure if the problem is connected to webpost, but thats what i was working on at the time of droppage.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:49 pm Reply with quote

Well the connection is made in db.php which is in the db directory. You should see code something like this:

Code:
$db = new sql_db($dbhost, $dbuname, $dbpass, $dbname, false);

if(!$db->db_connect_id) {
   $mysql_err = mysql_error();

The error message you should be getting from Nuke if you are unable to connect should look something like this:

Quote:
There seems to be a problem with the MySQL server - Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please report this to the Administrator ASAP.

Which makes me wonder, given what you posted, whether you are even "in" Nuke. If you are, then you could test what values are being passed in by echoing out $dbhost, $dbname, $dbuname, and $dbpass right after the first code statement I quoted.

wiz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:52 pm Reply with quote

ill look into that now.

What did strike me as strange too, was this wasnt the normal 'i cant access the db' error msg

wiz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:01 pm Reply with quote

nope no cigar.

I thought originally that the webpost config.php had over-written my nuke config.php, that would be too obvious right?

thats why i re-loaded it.

I have also re-named all of the webpost files in the admin folder to try and eliminate conflicts

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic