Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Bug Reports
geoff_bell
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:41 pm Reply with quote

i am working on a nuke site for the motorcycle union of ireland (ulster centre) using ravennuke.

the embarrassing thing is that i get thrown back to the index page when i create a block with the word "union" in it. i haven't written any news items containing the word so i don't know if it will do the same there.

how do i get around this. i assume it's sentinel that's throwing me back there (atleast i am not banned from my own site).

will it cause other problems - such as people searching for phrases with the word "union"?

geoff_bell

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:51 pm Reply with quote

i can get around this by typing "u nion" and then changing it to "union" via phpmyadmin, but weas wondering if there's a handier way.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:16 pm Reply with quote

The problem isn't Sentinel. It's an old bug in mainfile. I posted a patch a while ago if you are into those things otherwise use "u nion" till 2.10 is out. I could use search to find the patch but then again ... Smile

geoff_bell

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:14 pm Reply with quote

i had considered doing a search for it, but i considered that most people would be posting about union hacks than wanting to use the word "union" in a story. Laughing

i'll try a search for it, and post the link here if i find it.

if anybody finds it before i do, can they post it here also? thanks.

geoff_bell

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:26 pm Reply with quote

found it
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

worked like a charm Wink

fkelly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:29 pm Reply with quote

LOL, good searching. That should do it if you beware the caveats. Post back here if it doesn't We have the Times Onion (with that other word) newspaper here in Albany NY and my users were constantly citing articles ... or trying too. Like I say, that limitation will be gone in RN 2.10 but you should be able to patch it away meanwhile.

geoff_bell

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:44 am Reply with quote

would i be bold if i asked you if you knew the answer to this question?
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

i know a little html but am clueless when it comes to php/sql.

geoff_bell

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:13 am Reply with quote

found it! i knew it was a matter of adding either the difference in minutes or hours somewhere in the mainfile.php, but was unable to find anywhere that said how/where to do it to the nuke-evolution/nuke patched mainfile.php

after failed searching on a number of my fave nuke forums, i found the answer here ( [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] )

find:
Code:
$time = gmmktime($datetime[4],$datetime[5],$datetime[6],$datetime[2],$datetime[3],$datetime[1]);

remplace with
Code:
$time = gmmktime($datetime[4]+6,$datetime[5],$datetime[6],$datetime[2],$datetime[3],$datetime[1]);

where +6 is the difference in hours between your local time and that of the server.

fkelly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:47 am Reply with quote

Great, I'm glad you found it. I'm not an expert on "time". I know that the Forums allows you to adjust your time in your user profile but I'm not sure if Nuke does or not ... I don't think so. But I'm retired so 4 hours one way or another doesn't matter much to me.

Smile

geoff_bell

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:01 am Reply with quote

fkelly wrote:
I'm retired so 4 hours one way or another doesn't matter much to me.

just so long as your dinner is pureed you don't care? Shocked

Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Bug Reports

View next topic
View previous topic