Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
lizprrrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:29 am Reply with quote

first off, I don't usually forget anything however, it is 4.20 am here in california and installing NUKE php has been a kicker in the butt...this is the (and I hope) 9th and last time....?

So, on with my issue. I am trying to get back into the forum to change the "site name" "site url" and "admin email". Well, Like I said, forgot e-mail.

I have tried to go back INTO sentinnel and redo but all it is telling me is to delete the nsnst.php as well as the installer.

I was using Raven's Install pack but it just wasn't working and so I have installed the phpnuke7.6-platinumPatched from (gasp) another site...ALTHOUGH....this forum has been very helpful and a delight to read~

Sentinel is version (embarassing...) dunno but it was copyrighted 2000-2005? omg...i know...stop laughing...it was 3 here when i finally got this going!

Apache=1.3.33
PHP=4.3.10
mySQL=4.1.21-Standard

deleted items per instructions in the install packet:
nsnst.php
nsnst_installer

ANY help would be very very kind! ONly been on this since oh....6 days ago...9th install...tried manyMANY versions of nuke...this one FINALLY is working!

tia

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:51 am Reply with quote

Welcome. If you search the forums and FAQ section, you will find information on how to update the database to regain access.

lizprrrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:56 am Reply with quote

thanks! Now...what exactly do I search for (cringing)....i know..stupid noobie question but, I am really new to all this. I am in my database right now and am hoping I can find what i did wrong.

thanks again!

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:59 am Reply with quote

The SQL statement that resets your password.

Try this: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

lizprrrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:04 am Reply with quote

kguske...thank you for trying to help here. I really appreciate it. Now the link you sent, I do click the tool correct? then what happens? does the script automatically install itself or is there a pop up of some sort?

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:08 am Reply with quote

You need to copy the code and upload it to your server and then run the code.

jakec

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:10 am Reply with quote

The instructions are the top of the code. Smile

lizprrrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:17 am Reply with quote

Jakec...thanks! omg...this is so embarassing! So, i found the code and i am using EditPad Pro to do all my script changes.

I am following the instruction and it says to save the txt as whatever with the new user name and password then ftp it to where the mainfile.php is. well, i've done that and I have tried to go back to the site and it says: click here to create admin.

I did and I have tried entering the NEW u_id and pswd...but I keep getting nothing but "login" still...am i doing something wrong?

lizprrrr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:24 am Reply with quote

txt=****.php, then [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

yep..still looking at the Administration System Login

kguske

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:41 am Reply with quote

Did you check the database to see if the user was updated or created?

lizprrrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:12 am Reply with quote

i just did a fresh re-install of 7.6 with the database information. It took a while longer but, hey, I am finally set up BUT (of course a but!) now when I go to the "forums" i get this message:

phpBB : Critical Error

Error creating new session

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'session_admin' in 'field list'

INSERT INTO nuke_bbsessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in, session_admin) VALUES ('a96b6e2bf1f31b60455e1a12bf12a41c', '1', '1163858565', '1163858565', '476b6dea', '0', '0', '0')

Line : 216
File : sessions.php

Is this easily corrected? was it my error that I did something wrong or is the scripting off?

Thanks...everyone for helping! I really am learning quite a bit here and I really wanted to thank you all very much for participating and giving me input.

YES>..this time I did write down the password!

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:16 am Reply with quote

Make sure all the database installation steps / SQL are completed. It looks like you are missing something.

lizprrrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:31 am Reply with quote

Kguske, thanks for the quick response!

hmmm...odd...

when i go into nuke_bbsessions i see:
session_id
session_start
session_time
session_ip
session_page
session_logged

under that, "indexes"
session_user_id
session_id_ip_user_id

I don't see "admin" anywhere. Could that be the problem? Should I create a new field for "session_admin"? Am I finally kinda understanding this?

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:50 am Reply with quote

Yes, but that should have been done when loaded the database tables - or an update.

lizprrrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:22 am Reply with quote

even more odd....i went to the "updates" folder within platinum's folder and realized that it had a "platinum76.sql" so i uploaded that. I still don't see an admin...very strange!

So, I'm in the process of adding 'session_admin' it has fields that require my input "vchar, char...text" should I just follow the settings for user_id? which are "char, 32, latin_swedish_ci, *blank*, null"?

Thanks again.

lizprrrr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:03 am Reply with quote

I added session_admin to the sql database and now, I am shown or logged in using the template for basic phpbb. Here is the information on the bottom: