Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
thejackal
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:14 am Reply with quote

Just checking on a status ?

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:21 am Reply with quote

It's being worked on daily. Old FB derived bugs are being squashed every day. Performance is being improved every day. There are some very nicely working test systems being generated but Raven and his team want to dot every i and cross every t before releasing it. It will be worth the wait.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:05 am Reply with quote

Hi All,

Before anyone accuses me of moaning I'm not, but do you have a more precise ETA.

I've been holding off installing v2.02.02, because of the good things I've been hearing, but it's now got to the point that I need to make a decision, hold off a bit longer, or bite the bullet and install v2.02.02.

I'm intending to use Nuke as part of my final year project for Uni, for running surveys, project management etc. Anyway I've got Monday and Tuesday off work to get my site sorted, so I can progress onto the next phase.

Like I said I'm not having a go, because I know you guys do it all for free and you all doing a great job.

Thanks in advance.
Jakec

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:33 am Reply with quote

If you helps you any, I am running 2.02.02, as well as many other folks, just fine in a production environment... Wink If you keep it very mod-free, your upgrade will be easy. However, if you make lots of mods to RN core files, your work grows with every one...

jakec

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:29 pm Reply with quote

Well I've got a few sites running 2.02.02, but was trying to hold out, always prefer a clean install. Wink

I'm not intending to add loads of mods. Probably NukeSEO, Spamstopper, TegoNuke Shortlinks and NukeProject. I must admit I haven't used any of these before, so I was going to use this as a test site as well. Do any of these have any core edits, if they do they are not essential so I could leave them off for now? I'm going to run a survey as well, but I'm going to run that using a separate.

Thanks for your reply Montego. Very Happy

Once again you'll all doing a great job.
Wave

montego

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:35 pm Reply with quote

On core file edits, here is the answer as best I know:

nukeSEO - No core file edits

SpamStopper - Not sure, but I don't think so

ShortLinks - Yes, but this is already integrated into 2.10.00 and only takes a very small change (VERY small).

NukeProject - Again, I don't think so.

The good news also about the 2.10.00 release is that the installer has been modified to not remove ALL tables up front, including all your add-ons...

So, I think that you are pretty "safe".

jakec

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:39 am Reply with quote

OK thanks for the advice, I'll crack on. Very Happy

redhairz
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:28 pm Reply with quote

i had a nuke feeling that it is going to release around christmas Dance-Y well i can't wait that long as my site visitors rate is going down...LOL me had to start of with 20202 rock raven nuke Cheers

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:10 am Reply with quote

Well have to see. The team is working around the clock trying to debugg, and fix issues left by FB's (put discription here...make it vulger lol) Code. Raven will have the final say.

Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:26 pm Reply with quote

am going madddddddddddddddddddddddd i want ittttttttttttttttttttttttttt Sad this is as bad as having a naked girl next to you and not being able to shag her heehh.. u know is der but u cant have it just yet lol lol.... great work all of you guys... Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:35 pm Reply with quote

Just remember folks that many of us have day jobs and families and other responsibilities, so "working around the clock" is more like "working around the timezones as each person can squeek out a few minutes here and there". Smile

Yes, it will be ready when Raven says it is ready, so we ALL just need patience... Laughing

Dawg
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:27 am Reply with quote

X-Mas Release works for me. I am planning to upgrade. The x-mas holiday would give me plenty of time to work on it. My site is HUGH with a ton of core edits so I am sure it will be a LOT OF FUN! On top of that....my members are like CRACK heads. I will get 500 e-mails for every 10 mins the site is down.

montego

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:03 am Reply with quote

No-one committed to a Christmas release!!! Laughing

Quote:

Yes, it will be ready when Raven says it is ready

Dawg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:16 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
No-one committed to a Christmas release!!! Laughing

I know....but we can be "Hopeful" Santa Clause with be coming to RN with presents.....

gregexp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:30 am Reply with quote

Well, if Raven is an old fat guy with a beard that only works one day a year, well then you got something to really hope for Laughing j/k of course.

Similarities between Raven and Santa clause:

Both can reach all the world in one night, Raven through sites, Santa in a slay.

Both bring gifts to people, Ravens scripts, Santa brings toys.

Im not too sure how well Raven is with kids, santa lets the little buggers sit on his lap, and Raven deals with us Laughing Similar, I think so.

The more I think of it I kinda feel like I need pointy shoes and ears now Laughing

Both seem like they've been in the game forever(ohh boy, bet I get it for that one Laughing ) Im only kidding.

Both like to wrap there Gifts in a nice package.

Thanks to Raven for not giving anyone coal ever, Cant say the same for Santa, I got coal last year, seriously. A gag that was very funny.

Both can be found at barnes and Noble this season, Raven all year long though, Have you seen this mans library? Laughing

As you can see, the similarities are endless, But the RavenNuke 2.1 Will be more then worth the wait. Thats one christmas Gift I'd love to have.

zerokooll

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:57 am Reply with quote

well all i do is come here check it out everyday to see whats up and if i might find them magical words "the Raven Nuke pack 2.10 is out now!" but is ok keep the faith!!!! AGUANTA!! heheheeh....

Raven and all this guys working on this i wish u lot and any other member in this page a merry xmas and a happy new years eve this month... lets just all hope we get that present we want (HINT HINT) ehheeh if not fak it we still wait lol lol not much we can do eheheh but d*** i just hope this long wait is worth that new release and anyway am pretty sure it is worth it...

well am out just showing da latin support on dis site!! LatinUnit.com supporting big time raven scripts... the best nuke site on da net... and who tells me i am wrong can **** *** Very Happy jojojo.... bye bye

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:46 am Reply with quote

As I have said before, it's so hard to draw the line when there is so much wrong with phpnuke! We keep saying "okay, code freeze" and within hours, if not minutes, we find an issue we just can't let go by any longer! We are trying for a release no later than 1/1/2007 but I still can't promise it. The RN Team is working night and day on this v2.10.00 and it is so sweet! For a sneak preview, but keep in mind we are still working, goto [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

helidoc
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:05 am Reply with quote

Nice and smooth can't wait to get ahold of this and migrate a few of my sites to it. Wouldn't mind beta testing it either Twisted Evil

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:24 am Reply with quote

Go ahead and test it on the site. Report any issues to me, directly, at raven AT ravenphpscripts DOT com

zerokooll

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:53 am Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy yeahhhh 1/1/07!!!!! thats the date!!.... man i hope it comes out on that date... good work guys... you lot are the best...... merry xmas and happy new year!!!! this 2007 defo will start good having the new release:D

dutchnuker
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:13 am Reply with quote

Hello Raven,

I think you and your team have done a big job.

Is it possible to change the Search module so that it can search also the Content module.

Greetings and thanks for the great job.

Mathijs Lubbertsen

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:15 pm Reply with quote

I doubt that possible for this release as we are not adding additional functionality at this late stage.

benson
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:12 am Reply with quote

Is it possible to post a actual list of changes we can expect with the new release?

gebiet51.de & fellpartner.de 
dutchnuker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:08 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
I doubt that possible for this release as we are not adding additional functionality at this late stage.

I can understand that,

maybe when version 2.1 is online you can make a Wishlist in the forum.

To add functionality to the core of Ravennuke 2.1

Mathijs

fkelly

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:53 am Reply with quote

Many of the changes in RN 2.10 are "internal" in the sense of better performance by switching to single quotes instead of double quotes, eliminating some unnecessary or duplicative SQL calls, fixing MANY notice errors and better html 4.01 compliance. In addition to the fisubice theme for instance, three of the other themes will be compliant (that is they will validate (* if the other modules don't throw something non-compliant in)).

While the feature set is not final until it's released or until Raven says it is, we will most likely be using the advertising module in place of banners, and and Raven's user info block. Montego's short links (which I believe is a derivate or cousin of Googletap -- though I don't understand much about it) and HTML Newsletter will also be included. Likewise Sentinel will be installed by default and required. We are also making incremental improvements to the installation process.

You are welcome to take a look at my test site for RN2.10 at fkelly.org with the understanding that it's a work in progress and that at any time I may have it in flux while I'm testing. I do have Gallery installed there but that's not part of the RN2.10 release so you can safely ignore it. Notice errors are turned on on the test site whereas they are usually turned off on production sites.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic