Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> For Hire
unmgroup

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:39 am Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

I wanted to know if this was possible. I have a very long front page, complete with many left, and right blocks. However, on some modules... such as "Your Account" , "Survey" , "Photo Gallery" , etc ... the blocks run longer than the actual module content. I wanted to know if it was possible to limit the number of blocks shown on those module pages, that way I don't have a long page on every module. Any ideas?

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:12 am Reply with quote

Just letting you know people are looking, If I have time, Ill hard code something for you, and in the future, might make an admin page to do Just this.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:22 am Reply with quote

Thanks Smile

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:29 am Reply with quote

There is something like this, I think, already out there. I vaguely recall someone mentioning it in the forums here. However, for the life of me, I cannot remember exactly what it was... maybe "auto blocks" or "blocks module admin" or some keywords like that might find it.

gregexp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:52 pm Reply with quote

Its really simple, but am on vacation, and not at a computer with e-mail or my files. Somewhere in either mainfile or modules.php(sorry fighting off member) Hardcode an if statement. If module_name=blah; then sql call is the same, but noiw, limit *(number) is added. We can do all this with one call to the sql. Setting something in the admin panel wouldnt be that hard, I might have something out by
New-Years, but I will have it out!!! If you find something, let us know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> For Hire

View next topic
View previous topic