Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro
emmaphp
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:25 am Reply with quote

Hey,

Just a quick question guys.

Over recent months I have installed various websites, some using the 'standard' 7.6 version of PHP-Nuke and other more recent websites with Ravens 76 Distro.

The question is that I now want to check which version of PHP-Nuke each site is currently using as I do not remember etc.

What is the (easiest) way to do this?

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:23 am Reply with quote

Look at the logo at the bottom of the screen. I haven't looked at a "standard" version in some time but I don't think you'll find the fisubice theme there nor the "distributed by Ravenphpscripts" wording.

emmaphp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:47 am Reply with quote

Thanks for that fkelly...good 'point'.

But just to clarify, your advise distinguished between a site running a 'standard' version of PHP-Nuke and one running the Raven 76 Distro, but if I want to be more specific/precise, then how do I know which exact version of the Raven Distro a site is running with?

fkelly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:34 am Reply with quote

LOL, you asked a "quick question" before. I tried to give a "quick" answer.

Ideally, you would keep track of what you installed where. Failing that you could compare the mainfile.php's of what's on a given server with what's in the distribution you downloaded (which hopefully you still have on your computer, if not you can temporarily redownload) and see which matches to which. An automated file comparison tool helps. The other file that might give you some idea is config.php but of course that would be modified from the distribution for database names and passwords and the like. Still the structure of that has changed slightly from release to release.

The problem with all this is that people often install modifications to their distributions (let's say an add-on requires it or they just want something to work differently) so these comparisons are not fail safe.

Maybe someone else has a "quicker" method?

emmaphp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:11 am Reply with quote

Again fkelly....thanks so much...(and it makes a change to read posts from someone who can write is such a concise and gramatically correct way)!

:clap:

fkelly

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:59 pm Reply with quote

LOL, flattery will get you somewhere. Out on my bike ride I remembered that there is a field in the config table that has the version number. At least that's true in Ravennuke. The field name is Version_Num. humm ... just looked it up and that field is in PHPnuke 7.6 also. So that might be the best place to look, the config table I mean.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:33 pm Reply with quote

Yep config table, both in original phpNuke and RavenNuke

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
dogpowell
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:26 pm Reply with quote

Or for those who like an easy life ........

open notepad or similar and enter

Code:
<?php 

require_once("mainfile.php");
if (!isset($Version_Num))
{
  if ($result = $db->sql_query("SELECT Version_Num FROM ".$prefix."_config"))
  {
    list($Version_Num) = $db->sql_fetchrow($result);
    $db->sql_freeresult($result);
  }
  else
  {
    $Version_Num = "Unknown";
  }
}
echo "Your PHP-Nuke version is $Version_Num";
die();
?>

Then save file as nukeversion.php

Place file in your directory where config.php, mainfile.php etc are and then call up using your browser [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Once you have finished remove nukeversion.php from server.

''''''Maybe this might help somebody''''''''

emmaphp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:41 am Reply with quote

Thanks dogpowell...This is THE Perferct and ideal solution!!!...Using this method is very fast and leaves the user, (i.e. in this case me), with absolutely no doubt as to the version they are using!

:clap: worship

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.02.02 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic