Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6
sas127
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:43 am Reply with quote

Have 7.6 with 3.0 patch Site http://ultimateserveradmins.com

The quote function is not working in the forums IE

Here is what you get in our forums

quote=Waltrip]The Beta issue is a dead issue.[/quote]

and yes the left bracket is in place in the forums post on our site

the below is what should show up and does not

Waltrip wrote:
The Beta issue is a dead issue.

If you remove the name the quote box will appear

Quote:

If i use the menu area, then general tab, then the join us page does not work, but if you goto the modules then the join us works.

I have very limited PHPNuke experience, so I will need very direct guidance as to where the code needs to be modified IE what page name and so on. I have figured out several other bugs on my own but can not find this one.

Last edited by sas127 on Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:39 am; edited 2 times in total 
fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:16 am Reply with quote

I have read your question 3 times now and don't understand it. I did figure out that IE in this context stands for "that is" and not Internet Explorer Smile but it took a minute.

What I don't still understand is your example: quote="Waltrip" ... then the close quotes.

You've got to click on the opening quote box and get that in as per bracket quote bracket then copy in your quote then click on the quote box again to get the bracket forward slash quote bracket. It's not at all clear to me what "remove the name" means.

sas127

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:29 am Reply with quote

If you remove the name from quote: the quote box will appear, if however you leave the name quote:Waltrip , the text appears simply as that, just text without being surrounded with the quote box.

Sorry I just figured out what you meant, the IE is for (In Example) not Internet Explorer.

Again if you leave the name in after the open quote bracket all you get is text and no quote box, remove the name from the open quote bracket and the text will appear in a quote box, is that a better explanation.

fkelly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:53 am Reply with quote

You mean like this?

Quote:
quote:waltrip and some text

Looking at your original post it appears that the initial right bracket "]" was placed on the right of "waltrip". To form a quote, on the post a reply screen to the right of the bolded text "message body" you need to click the quote box then put in your quote then click the quote box (which will have an asterik in it to indicate an "open" quote) again.

I hope that I'm understanding you now. I'm not trying to be dense, that's just my natural state.

P.S. I deleted the duplicate post you did. Please just each issue once, we'll find it.

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:58 am Reply with quote

Sas
I´m using 7.6 patch 3.2b subsilver and this functions works without any problems in both browser. Did you installed some Mods ?
Thats what I have in the language/lang-english/lang-main.php
Do you have exactly the same ?

Quote:

$lang['wrote'] = 'wrote'; // proceeds the username and is followed by the quoted text
$lang['Quote'] = 'Quote'; // comes before bbcode quote output.

Also possible is that theres a problem with the functions-post.php.

sas127

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:25 am Reply with quote

this is what I have in that file, you did not show the 3rd line but I included it below.

$lang['wrote'] = 'wrote'; // proceeds the username and is followed by the quoted text
$lang['Quote'] = 'Quote'; // comes before bbcode quote output.
$lang['Code'] = 'Code'; // comes before bbcode code output.

They look the same to me.

This again is not a browser Issue, I used IE for (In Example) not to mean Internet Explorer the quote box does not show in either browser.

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:37 am Reply with quote

There is also a line in lang-main with:

$lang['Reply_with_quote'] = 'Reply with quote';

But I believe you have that too. From phpBB I know that one users solved this he added a line into the includes/functions-post.php
But the forum in Nuke isn´t the same. Maybe that is a patch problem I would wait what Evaders suggest.

waltrip

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:17 pm Reply with quote

Susann wrote:
There is also a line in lang-main with:

$lang['Reply_with_quote'] = 'Reply with quote';

But I believe you have that too. From phpBB I know that one users solved this he added a line into the includes/functions-post.php
But the forum in Nuke isn´t the same. Maybe that is a patch problem I would wait what Evaders suggest.

What sas is saying is that when we use the quote button, as I did on this post, we do not get the quote box as shown above. All we get is the text format.

sas127

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:24 pm Reply with quote

I now have a better understanding of what it is I am after, just like in here, on a persons post if you click on Quote it will open a new window with that post in a quote block. That is what I am not getting on our site you can not do that, I am sorry for not including in my previous post concerning this action or lack there on our site

sas127

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:30 pm Reply with quote

Sorry wrong button.

Susann

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:28 pm Reply with quote

Okay, i thought you have an other issue with that quote function but now its more clear.
Are you sure you uploaded all files ? Use in config.php display-errors=true make a reply in your forum and check if there is an error message. Maybe its a bug from that theme or that theme isn´t for your nuke version. You can check the theme authors forum too or try it with another theme.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:34 am Reply with quote

This is a known bug in I think phpBB 2.0.20 update. I have the same issue in my RavenNuke76 2.02.02 site.

I do not recall the link to the fix from the phpBB site, but Evaders fixed it for 2.10.00 of RavenNuke76 as follows:

=== OPEN ===

includes/functions_post.php

=== FIND FUNCTION ===

function prepare_message(...) {

=== WITHIN FUNCTION FIND CODE ===

Code:

$message = addslashes($message);

=== ADD AFTER ===

Code:

$message = str_replace('"', '\"', $message);

Hope that does it...

P.S. I have also checked the 2.0.21 code and it has the same. Wink

sas127

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:55 am Reply with quote

This is the way my Script looks now, when I click on Quote now it will open a new window with the persons text I clicked on, but when I click preview the text will disappear. All I have in preview is my signature, no text. In your (montego) there was not an e in the word quote should there have been or do I have the added script in the wrong place or what? Do you also have (else
{
$message = preg_replace($html_entities_match, $html_entities_replace, $message)Wink in your version.

Quote:
Code:
$tag = array(array_shift($matches[0]), array_shift($matches[1]), array_shift($matches[2]));

$message .= htmlspecialchars($part) . clean_html($tag);
                        }
      $message = addslashes($message);$message = str_replace('"', $message);
        }
        else
        {
                $message = preg_replace($html_entities_match, $html_entities_replace, $message);
[/code]

sas127

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:21 am Reply with quote

I still need help with this Issue if someone can Thank You.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:59 pm Reply with quote

Have you already upgraded to BBToNuke 2.0.21?

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
montego

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:52 am Reply with quote

sas127, please read our posting rules as when bumping of posts is allowed is covered. Thanks.

You now have the expert on this helping you. Evaders knows this stuff better than most.

sas127

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:45 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
sas127, please read our posting rules as when bumping of posts is allowed is covered. Thanks.

You now have the expert on this helping you. Evaders knows this stuff better than most.

- It is acceptable to BUMP a message that has gone a few days with no answer and has scrolled off the page.

- Try to keep the posts on topic. If you see the thread is heading off, please start another thread in an appropriate forum and post a link in the original thread.

I guess I do not see what it is you are referencing, as I wish to do nothing wrong here in your forums please explain your comment.

Also I did get the problem fixed, instead of the script being placed after the string ($message = addslashes($message); it had to be placed under it and everything now works fine. I do appreciate the help. Again please explain if I have done something wrong and or I am not follwing your protocol.

montego

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:45 am Reply with quote

sas127 wrote:
I still need help with this Issue if someone can Thank You.

Your post here is was on the same day... that is what I was referring to.

Glad you found the issue.

sas127

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:14 pm Reply with quote

Understood Sir .

shotokan
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:21 pm Reply with quote

montego wrote:
This is a known bug in I think phpBB 2.0.20 update. I have the same issue in my RavenNuke76 2.02.02 site.

I do not recall the link to the fix from the phpBB site, but Evaders fixed it for 2.10.00 of RavenNuke76 as follows:

=== OPEN ===

includes/functions_post.php

=== FIND FUNCTION ===

function prepare_message(...) {

=== WITHIN FUNCTION FIND CODE ===

Code:

$message = addslashes($message);

=== ADD AFTER ===

Code:

$message = str_replace('"', '\"', $message);

Hope that does it...

P.S. I have also checked the 2.0.21 code and it has the same. Wink

I have applied this fix on my site running version 2.0.20 Nuke7.8 patched 3.2 and it worked fine but now i have upgraded my site to patch 3.3 and bbtonuke 2.0.22 and even with this fix above the "quote=username" is not working anymore.

Is there something else to do on the version 2.0.22?

montego

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:30 pm Reply with quote

You should not have to do that fix if you are using 2.0.20. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] is using 2.0.22 and it works over there. Maybe try to overwrite, again, all your 2.0.22 BBtoNuke files.

shotokan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:20 pm Reply with quote

montego wrote:
You should not have to do that fix if you are using 2.0.20. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] is using 2.0.22 and it works over there. Maybe try to overwrite, again, all your 2.0.22 BBtoNuke files.
I just uploaded again the 2.0.22 files and the problem still there.

montego

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:57 am Reply with quote

Did you also upload the includes folder of files? If so, then...

Ok, now I am wondering if Guardian merged the two...

Well, I just checked and the line of code that I had added way up in my original post is still in the RN2.10.00 version, so maybe go back now on your 2.0.22 files and make that code fix.

shotokan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:59 pm Reply with quote

Montego

Idid loaded up all files again as you requsted including the 'includes' files but i notice that the fix you described above was alread included in the bbtonuke BBtoNuke2021NP files.

My site was using the version 2.0.20 when i did the fix you described here and it worked but then i dedcided to upgrade the version from 2.0.20 to 2.0.22 so i uploaded the files BBtoNuke2021NP and BBtoNuke2022NP and not is not working with that line of code into the functions_post.php

montego

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:34 pm Reply with quote

shotokan, Please send me the functions_post.php file that you are saying is BBtoNuke2022NP and I will check it against the working code at ravennuke.com.

Send it to:

montego {{at}} montegoscripts -_ dot --) com

Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.6

View next topic
View previous topic