Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro
anamorphx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:32 pm Reply with quote

I'm a php nuke noob, after looking through all the different versions & packages I decided upon RavenNuke76_v2.02.02_FULL (it looks like the best option).

I've followed all the necessary steps religously. (I've deleted everything & tried to reinstall a few times). I'm probably making a silly mistake. When it comes to installing the tables I'm getting a connectivity problem. I've given the user name full privilages.

"RavenNuke76(tm) © 2005, 2006 - MySQL Table Installer
Please note that this installer is for NEW installs and assumes that you want to REPLACE your tables and the data therein. This means that each time you run this it will DROP the tables and DELETE all data before creating new ones. This is NOT recoverable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MySQL Database Connectivity Test Results

config.php file found!
Successfully connected to localhost as user user_name and assigned password!
I was able to reach your MySQL server using the MySQL connection settings in your nuke config.php file, but I was unable to reach/locate the database . The exact error message that your MySQL server reported is Access denied for user 'user_name'@'localhost' to database 'nuke1'."

I'm sorry to trouble you Embarassed ... any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Please delete this post, got frustarated & deleted the package, going to install php nuke 7.6 patch it, then take advantage of your great sentinel software. Thanks for all your hard work, I'll donate a.s.a.p.

Many thanks, Anamorphx.

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:37 pm Reply with quote

mmm,why....
you couldnt wait for us to reply?.. Confused
oh well...good luck..

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:34 pm Reply with quote

Well, if your using cpanel, I think I see the error, The database shoundnt be nuke1 it should be (cpusername)_nuke1

Just thought that might be your problem in case you find that you cant install 7.6 either.

Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:31 pm Reply with quote

Okay i been here to doing the same thing
i thought i was going to loose my head

anamorphx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:40 am Reply with quote

I decided to give it another go...

My first error was: I didn't follow the installation instructions to the letter, I tried to fill out the config.php manually before running the installation. Secondly: Darklord was correct "it should be (cpusername)_nuke1".

I ran the installation again , with the config.php left as is (without me touching it this time) & a fresh mysql database, with the same results The exact error message that your MySQL server reported is Access denied for user ...

I filled in the relevant info on config.php username etc, then I used phpmyadmin to install the tables from phpnuke 7.6

Then I ran the installation.. it seems to have gone ok.... well.. apart from when I logged out I can't get back in, it doesn't recognise my password hmmm :s

Wonder if it has anything to do with my host running PHP as a CGI program ?

After I configured sentinel with CGI Auth Setup, it wouldn't authenticate my password so I went in to .htaccess & deleted this:

# -------------------------------------------
# Start of NukeSentinel(tm) admin.php Auth
<Files .staccess>
deny from all
</Files>

<Files admin.php>

<Limit GET POST PUT>
require valid-user
</Limit>
AuthName "Restricted by NukeSentinel(tm)"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /home/USERNAME/public_html/.staccess
</Files>
I then got back into admin.php . I then logged out of admin, tried to log back in.. password incorrect.

Oh the joys Shocked

edit>I uploaded INSTILLATION & re-ran setup. No problems whatsoever, untill I try implement CGI Auth setup, my password isn't being recognised. Sad

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:22 am Reply with quote

Quote:

No problems whatsoever, untill I try implement CGI Auth setup, my password isn't being recognised.

I had a similar problem. You definitely have to follow the CGIAuth steps exactly. Double check your .staccess file and make sure your NukeSentinel admin userid is in that file along with its password hash. If it is not, then you have not successfully generated that file.

gregexp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:23 am Reply with quote

I also have seen this problem if the username/password for cgi auth uses special characters.

check that and be sure that its not using anything other then A-Z,a-z and 1-0.

shiloh3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:33 pm Reply with quote

thats luck

i been trying to get this working from 2pm yesterday
it is now 7pm and i still get just this

RavenNuke76™ © 2005, 2006 - MySQL Table Installer
Please note that this installer is for NEW installs and assumes that you want to REPLACE your tables and the data therein. This means that each time you run this it will DROP the tables and DELETE all data before creating new ones. This is NOT recoverable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MySQL Database Connectivity Test Results

config.php file found!
I was unable to reach your MySQL server using the MySQL connection settings in your nuke config.php file. The exact error message that your MySQL server reported is Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (46).

gregexp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:25 pm Reply with quote

hmmm, shiloh please contact me through msn or yahoo and Im sure we can resolve this.

shiloh3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:31 pm Reply with quote

i have added you my yahoo and msn

here is my msn
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

shiloh3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Raven's RavenNuke(tm) v2.00.00 - v2.02.00 Distro

View next topic
View previous topic