Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.8
deeporl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:42 am Reply with quote

Ok so here's my problem. I've redone my site and used PHP-Nuke 7.8. Being the massive amount of work that I needed to do downgrading is not an option. I use JAG-Online module to show who's online. Well for it to track who's online you have to write:

include_once("includes/my_header_JAG_Online.php");

Well I checked and apparantly phpNuke 7.8 doesn't have that file. I've heard talk of a custom_head located in custom_files but all I have in that folder is index so any suggestions?

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:26 pm Reply with quote

Not to beat a dead horse, but you may have much more work to do recovering from a hack attempt on 7.8 (it has serious security holes that cannot be protected by NukeSentinel).

Regarding the my_header and customer_head files, look in your mainfile.php to see which is being used and create the necessary directory and file to support it.

deeporl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:23 pm Reply with quote

Ok I understand that there are security holes but the down time is unacceptable unless there is an easy downgrade option. Reguardless heres the new problem. When I create the custom_head.php file with the include needed it make the JAG block work but only sortof. You see it now finds the computer users nick or IP and tells them where they are but it doesn't find everyone thats on just the person who is at that computer. Any suggestions?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:29 pm Reply with quote

deepori I presume you are doing daily backups of your files and database then otherwise it might take you days to recover from a hack attack.

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by "it doesn't find everyone thats on, just the person at that computer".
If I have read it correctly, you are saying that a user see's 'his' details of where he is, his IP etc but doesnt see other users data. Perhaps there is a setting for this that needs to be turned on?

deeporl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:25 pm Reply with quote

Alrighty I figured it out. All I needed to do was create custom_head.php and copy the exact contents from my_head.php from my old install. That fixed it. Ok guys so tell me if I was to revert from 7.8 to an older version what version do you suggest and is there a way to set it all up in a different directory first? That way I can get it all working on the older version and then switch my site over to it with no down time. Also there was a big upgrade file from 7.7 to 7.8 how do I reverse the database changes?

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:42 pm Reply with quote

I beleive nukescripts.net has a script to convert 7.8 to 7.6
Yes you can install in a seperate directory.
There are a number of threads here detailing what is needed and it is a relatively simple process - have a look in the Raven Nuke forums for step by step instructions Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 7.8

View next topic
View previous topic