Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...
aseitz
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:37 am Reply with quote

I am looking for a free video / image gallery module for phpnuke. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have checked out 2 video gallery's,
#1 - [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
#2 - [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

#1 is out of date by 2 years or more and #2 costs $30.00.

I dunno if it possible to find video and image gallery functionality in one package, if not, I am open to suggestions.

My wishlist of features would be something like...

1. Allows uploads (administratable)
2. Does Thumbnailing.
3. Includes blocks.
4. Installs as a module.
5. Allows my current theme to work correctly with module.

Thanks for the help! Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:55 pm Reply with quote

What video functionality do you require?

aseitz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:30 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
What video functionality do you require?

Just playback and upload.

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:35 pm Reply with quote

Do any of the galleries provide that? What file formats?

aseitz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:37 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:

As many as possible?

It looks like Gallery2 does it ... But ... it has a "nuke integration package" and it is very difficult to install / configure. I am currently stumbling through it...

-- EDIT --

I just abandonded Gallery 2.1.1a ... It has terrible nuke integration and does not function very well. Plus it seemed like a big old security hole.

Anyone have any ideas on something that's actually written for php nuke?

Camber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:52 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Is really good. I have been using it for two months on my website without any problems at all. Because of my ISP there are limitations on the user uploads and thumbnails are not automatic so there is some background work that must be done to publish a submission unless the user includes a thumbnail capture. There was a bit of tweaking but the author seems very responsive to issues via private message and his forums. I have about 1.5 gigabytes of video clips and not a single complaint from users.

I hope this helps.

myrtletrees
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:47 pm Reply with quote

Try Gallery 1.5.5 from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Here is a site running it. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Uploading of videos works great. your server will need ffmpeg to generate thumbs for video uploads, but if you do not have it, you can still make the thumbs yourself manually.

kevinkap
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:32 pm Reply with quote

aseitz wrote:
kguske wrote:

As many as possible?

It looks like Gallery2 does it ... But ... it has a "nuke integration package" and it is very difficult to install / configure. I am currently stumbling through it...

-- EDIT --

I just abandonded Gallery 2.1.1a ... It has terrible nuke integration and does not function very well. Plus it seemed like a big old security hole.

Anyone have any ideas on something that's actually written for php nuke?

Gallery 2.2.1 from menalto integrates very good. It has very good documentation on securing the application even more than it currently is by using server side settings.

Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:46 am Reply with quote

I was so happy to find this thread on Gallery2 so immediatly I connect to the site and downloaded all necessary files, uploaded and begain the installation.

But to my disapointment I discovered that my webhotel was running in safe mode so all that was lost time.
Contacted the support team for the webhotel, they informed me that it was not possible for them to disable safe mode and I understand why.

What my plans were was to be able to have a block on the Home page(center down) with a list (can be optional as dropdown) of tutorials in avi and mpg format plus a media/video player.
I figured that it should be possible to embed a windows media player but so advanced Iam not in creating the whole thing.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can assist me or even build a block that fills my requirements.

Ps. I know that there is Nuke Video Module v2.4 ( very well built with superb options ) but we are a slow growing group and unfortunately at the moment dont have the funds to purchase it. Ds.

/Nimis

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:22 pm Reply with quote

nimis, search around here for more recent threads regarding gallery modules. There are bound to be a couple to choose from, however, make sure they are in active development so that exploits are dealt with quickly.

nimis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:13 pm Reply with quote

montego wrote:
nimis, search around here for more recent threads regarding gallery modules. There are bound to be a couple to choose from, however, make sure they are in active development so that exploits are dealt with quickly.

Hi.. Just back and glad to see your reply.

I managed to search and found this prgm HTTP Video Stream V4.53
which works well with RavenNuke v2.20.00.
Unfortunately it has only Permission Settings to view clips, and so on for "Everyone and Registered Members" so the need to allow different Groups will have to be worked on. ( That's beyond my knowledge right now )

montego, regarding your note on exploits Iam not sure yet and thanks for the tip. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...

View next topic
View previous topic