Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's
tig3rclaw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:06 am Reply with quote

Hello guys

I really hope someone can help me out here, or can lead me to an answer, with some tips and tricks.

This is my situation. I have PHPNuke 7.8 running. I also had an external PHPbb forum. I wanted to integrate that. After some research on the Internet I found some nice scripts, and especially the one from here.

I executed the script and I made a good integration of my old PHPbb forum into the PHPnuke forum. That went okay. All users could login again.
They could use their user account for the PHPnuke portal, and their account was directly linked to the forum (intergrated Nuke forum), so they could also post on it again.

But now I have some problems.
Let me try to explain.

Whenever new users register, they can follow all the right steps. They also get an activation email. I can see newly registered members in the “nuke_users_temp” table. But when they click their link something strange happens.
Their account isn’t working correctly. They can now login into the portal, but NOT on the forum.
Also when I check the “nuke_users” table, this new user has an enormous high user_id. My last “regular” user has an id of 86 and this new user has an id of: 2147483647

After the registration of that last user, the other NEW users can’t activate their account properly and they will stay in the “nuke_users_temp” table.

Summarizing:
- What could cause my enormous high user_id?
- Where and How can I re-establish the link between the PHPnuke portal users and the forum users? (could my transfer script screwed something up?)
- Can you guys help me, please

Embarassed

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:11 am Reply with quote

Use phpMyAdmin to reset the next user ID on the nuke_users table.

Not sure why the activation isn't working. Did you switch to the Nuked version of phpBB that came with PHP-Nuke?

gregexp
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:09 pm Reply with quote

Seems to me that the phpbb is trying to insert extra information that it doesnt need to. you have to define the phpbb users table to call from to verify is_user

I believe this is in functions.php in the includes folder but have not been able to find out where the $user_table variable is being defined, check the registrations insert for extra info that is not needed.

There is a lot of work involved with making phpbb work with nuke without the phpbb already included within the nuke, not sure why you arent using that.

Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:59 am Reply with quote

Make sure the anonymous user id = 1 (not -1)

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's

View next topic
View previous topic