Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
reddeviluk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:49 am Reply with quote

first off im using Raven phpNuke 7.6

OK, after days of trying to fugure out why i could log in and change things with phpnuke, but i was only a normal user on the forum...why??

i couldnt edit posts or anything!! i was tearing my hair out...

and many searches on forum accross the world didnt help at all

heres what to do...

you still have the abillity to make another user an admin...so

1, Make a new user for yourself
2, go to the forum through the admin panel and under User Admin section at the bottom, choose permissions
3, type in the new username you created
4, after the search brings back the user you created, goto top left... User Level and in the drop down box, choose Administrator, then scroll down and click submit
5, log out
6, now log in as the new user (now with admin rights)
7, now using the new user, do the same as above and give your REAL name admin rights on the forum... this way it will stay Smile
8, log out again
9, log in with your REAL name, check on the forum that your name comes up orange (admin)
10 delete the temp name...

all done, Very Happy

the problem exists because when you give yourself Admin rights, it doesnt save for some reason...

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:33 pm Reply with quote

I am not able to replicate this behaviour on my RN76 environments (most at the 2.02.02 version). Try doing the normal Forum Admin --> User Admin --> Permissions to change your normal nuke user to be an administrator, but do not be logged in as a "normal user" with that username. In other words, I tried this while logged out as a "normal user" (i.e., a Your Account style login), and was ONLY logged in as an admin (i.e., via admin.php).

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:10 pm Reply with quote

reddeviluk,

Something else is wrong. As long as you are logged into Forum admin, you can change and save a uaer's Permissions.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:53 am Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, was your nuke admin God account username the same as the first normal user account name you created during the setup process?

reddeviluk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:26 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003

it was... still is

Montego/Raven

seeing as
to do the above i created a new username because in the listing there is only one reddevil.. me
so a created a name "Fred" and deleted it afterwards

when i log into the forum through the admin panel, i have admin rights and can creat new forums etc, but when i preview or goto forum index... and look at posts i couldnt edit them or move etc.. obviously i needed to fix this

2 questions..
1, does having the same admin nickname and user when setting up.... cause this sort of problem?
2, if working correctly should my temp user "Fred" not have been able to give me admin rights?

im a little worried now it not setup correctly now, and open to abuse!!
another thing i need to add...
the file .htaccess i had to delete
with it in place, neither me or anyone else could even access the site... it just came up with an error, and no matter what chmod i gave it, it still didnt work.

after deleting it, things woked fine..... i think?

emmaphp
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:26 am Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I am using RavenNuke76(tm) Version 2.02.02

Just for your information, i too have just had the same problem as highlighted at the top of this thread.

I could not change my own forum user account 'User Level' from 'User' to 'Administrator'.

I was logged in as both admin, (via THE URL [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and as a user (via [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

This what I did:

I went to the php nuke admin panel and clicked on 'forums'.

I then clicked on 'Permissions ' under the 'User Admin' menu.

I then looked up the user who's permissions I wanted to change, (in this case 'webmaster').

Once the User details were displayed, I changed the 'User Level :' option from 'user' to 'administrator' and then i clicked the 'Submit' button at the bottom of the page.

I then checked the user details to see if the 'User Level' had changed, but IT HAD NOT.

I repeatedly tried to change this, but it failed to change.

The only way I managed to change the 'User Level' was to do what Montego recomended above, which is to make sure you are logged in as the website administrator (from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ONLY and NOT logged in as the user who's 'User Level' you are trying to change.

I hope this information is of use.

montego

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:45 am Reply with quote

Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic