Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Bug Reports - Other Issues
hunnydusst

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:54 pm Reply with quote

Okie dokie. Newest version of RN seemed to be working perfectly, so went live. Tried to post a new survey today. (yes, I know, should have checked beforehand)... and for some reason, it's trying to reload admin.php but gives me a blank page. I get the "admin.php?op=create" page, but upon clicking "create poll" just blankness. I've reloaded the admin folder... tried with the default fisubice theme, same thing. Any ideas?

Gremmie
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:57 pm Reply with quote

Enable error reporting and usually you will see an error message. If not you may have to check your error logs.

Error reporting is enabled in config.php (see $display_errors).

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:30 am Reply with quote

hunnydusst, try a dummy survey with just text and no special characters and also avoid the word "union" and make sure that works. We have tested the creation of Surveys quite a bit, so definitely do what Gremmie suggested as well as mine and lets see what we can find out.

hunnydusst

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:49 pm Reply with quote

Hmmmm..... nope. No error message at all, nothing in the error log to speak of. I tried a dummy survey as well, and just get a white page, it appears to be trying to reload admin.php, but doesn't load. News and everything else is posting. This just seems to effect the surveys.

Run installSQL.php on a new database, and see if there's any difference in the tables? Would this be poll_data tables?

montego

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:08 am Reply with quote

Might be a corrupt file or missing file. Try uploading all the modules/Surveys files again and also if this is an upgrade as appose to a fresh install, you may need to compare your survey table structures to the provided 2.10.00 version.

These are the only two things that I can think of. This is working fine for us and on [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] which has the latest 2.10 on it.

hunnydusst

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:24 am Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll have time to go through everything this weekend and hopefully find the issue. I'll let you know what I find.

hunnydusst

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:01 pm Reply with quote

Hmmmm...... dropped the tables from my database and inserted tables from a clean install and they work fine. Keys, index, and primary keys were different all over the place. Didn't think the versions were that different, but something must have went wrong with the rndb upgrade? Anywhooooooooo lost some old polls unless I want to manually fix the data, but no biggie. If that's the only thing that was an issue, I ain't complaining.

montego

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:34 am Reply with quote

Oh, you never said that this was an upgrade. What nuke version did you have previously? I wonder if the table structures just weren't the same. You may still be able to recover the data by analyzing the table structure differences, if, of course, that was important to you.

hunnydusst

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:07 pm Reply with quote

Nah..... don't really need the old polls. I'm not gonna worry about messing with it.

This was a hybrid version really. This was Nuke 7.9 downgrade, but I don't think it had been installed properly in the first place, cause the conversion just didn't work. I ended up running Gremmie's sql script one at a time, but even then apparently the survey tables were off. Problem is the NS version wasn't installed right in the first place. I had sql errors all over the place when I tried to upgrade... soooooooooooooooo..... went with the clean install and then put data in where I could and dropped anything I didn't HAVE to have. The users and the forums are OK, that's what really counted. The rest is now working as it should and I won't use anything but RN from here on out. (God knows what individual nuke patches had done to my tables *eyeroll*)

montego

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:03 am Reply with quote

Kind of figured it was a downgrade... No worries. Just glad its up and running to your satisfaction. However, sometime you may want to use something like mySQLDIFF to compare your table structure with a fresh complete install of RavenNuke(tm), just to make sure you don't have any issues lurking in the background.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN Bug Reports - Other Issues

View next topic
View previous topic