Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
ozbutcher
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:52 pm Reply with quote

My searches on Coppermine only seem to produce posts dating from back in 2006. So now that we are in 2007 I was wondering if there are individuals who have integrated the Coppermine gallery with Nuke? Are there's tools out there to help?

I use coppermine as a stand-alone gallery on a project but now some of my other nuke projects require gallery's and nothing seems to be as easy as coppermine.

I started to play with Gallery2 but for am having problems with it.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:20 am Reply with quote

I have not seen anyone update the Coppermine port for phpNuke. The old version has many security issues, I would not recommend using it.

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:00 am Reply with quote

Let us know what your problems with Gallery are. I just spent 2 days (or more) straightening it out after I transferred hosts. I would not have been able to fix it without the personal (and expert) attention of my host (Raven). It is extremely sensitive to the permissions and ownerships of the data directory and there are things that you may need to do that you don't have permission to do in a shared hosting environment. Like chmod'ng the whole data directory to 777 for instance.

That said, once you have it working it is a great package. If you just look at the amount of code and the expertise that must have been put into it, it dwarfs PHPnuke for instance.

Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:03 pm Reply with quote

I would never trust coppermine again, standalone or integrated into nuke. Installed gallery2 along with the integration setup. Install can be a little complicated. Just have to go issue by issue, but it's worth it in the end.

kevinkap
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:53 am Reply with quote

I am having an issue with the latest version of g2. I have it installed in the modules directory as is is supposed to be. I am using the latest integration package although when I go to the g2 page in the admin modules section it says it is not the latest.

When I set my integration settings, ie embedded and standalone url's, and then go to the verify installation and update integration settings, I am getting a blank page.

I installed g2 and changed the default folder name. Then uploaded the integration package and left it as is.

I am using seperate dbs for rn and g2. I am not sure how it is supposed to connect to the rn db to import users as I have not seen where to list the db name, user or pwd.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:06 pm Reply with quote

Nevermind. I needed to move the intergration files from the orig folder to the one I had g2 installed in. DUH!!

I am so dumb sometimes!

kevinkap

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:43 pm Reply with quote

well, I guess I have a problem after all. After setting the integration settings, I try to go to the module and get "module is not configured" Everytime I go to the integration page, the settings are blank.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

kevinkap

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:02 pm Reply with quote

well, finally got it, had to drop the g2_config table from the db and do it over.

fkelly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:10 pm Reply with quote

Good for you Smile There are a LOT of configuration settings "hidden" in the config.php file in the modules/gallery2 directory. It helps a lot to be familiar with this file. There is also the ability to turn on debug settings there that is pretty well documented in the file. Sometimes you can figure out what's wrong by turning debugging on. Not always, not even often, but sometimes.

kevinkap

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:13 pm Reply with quote

Now I am having an issue when trying to view the second page of albums. It gives me a white page. I can change the number of rows and columns to a point that it seems as if it is somehow just about a certain members album or couple of albums. When I change the row numbers to include more than 13 albums on the main page, then it goes blank as well. So this leaves me to be very confused about what would be the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

fkelly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:06 am Reply with quote

There are several things I'd try:

1. As mentioned in my previous post, I would first turn on the diagnostics in Gallery's config.php file (the one in the /modules/gallery2 directory). Then look at the output where you are bombing out. The white screen often indicates some kind of SQL error and Gallery shows the SQL it executes when you are in diagnostic mode. Thinking as I type again: it might also help to turn on RN's diagnostics in case there is another type of error occurring.

2. The white screen could also indicate some kind of server resource issue. You aren't on Ipowerweb are you? Or someone else who has that max questions limit?

3. You might try running some of the Gallery maintenance tasks, like clearing database and template cache. That's just a straw in the wind and not likely to help but it just takes a second and might be worth a try.

4. You might also try a different Gallery template. Maybe there's a bug in the one you are using. Again that's unlikely but it just takes a second to change it over.

5. If all else fails, do some searches thru the Gallery forums as well as on NukedGallery.net. They tend to be "self-referential" -- referring you to the documentation but sometimes that can be helpful and sometimes you can find a solution there.

kevinkap

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:22 pm Reply with quote

Yes, their forums are not a ton of help. When I turn on debug I get this:
Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in /home/xxxxx/public_html/modules/Pics/modules/randomhighlight/module.inc on line 263

I actually think the issue is the name he set for a child folder. However for some reason, I do not have permissions to rename it, as I put the main data folder out of the root folder as suggested in the install. I am waiting to see if my host can change it for me.

Oh, I am not on ipowerweb. lol. My host has large limits set, so that is not an issue I do not believe.

Thanks.

evaders99

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:08 pm Reply with quote

Sounds like an issue if you're using PHP 5. I'm wondering perhaps if their code (or that particular module) may not be coded correctly for PHP 5.

fkelly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:57 pm Reply with quote

I would recommend looking into what Evader's suggested first. If it doesn't turn out that you are using PHP5 then I'd definitely get with your host. I know my tendency is to spend hours or even days trying everything I can before bothering my host but often with Gallery it is out of your hands. Depending on your setup, your host may need to chmod your whole data directory to 777 and you are just whistling past the graveyard trying to do it yourself.

kevinkap

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:45 pm Reply with quote

Yes, we are running php5.

kevinkap

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:35 pm Reply with quote

well, I have tried renaming the suspect folder, then had to manually change it in the db. Still cannot get to that page. no other errors are reporting. Any other suggestion? No help from the gallery forums yet.

evaders: This is the php version requirements. PHP version 4.x (4.3.0 or more recent) or 5.x (5.0.4 or more recent) I am using 5.0.5 so it should be good.

Thanks.

fkelly

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:03 pm Reply with quote

There's a whole "host" (no pun intended) of confusing settings that come with Gallery and the data directory. It depends on who you run as and who Apache runs as and who owns the directory (and the thousands of files and directories that Gallery creates under it). If you can get your host to chmod the whole data directory to 777 your problems may disappear. That's all I can suggest.

kevinkap

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:02 pm Reply with quote

ok, for anyone that may run into this, using php 5.0.5, here is the fix. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

remove the line of code in yellow and replace with the ones in green.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic