Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> FCKeditor/WYSIWYG Issues
ohiodarter
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:04 pm Reply with quote

Now that I have my other problems ironed out, I get another one to tackle. When I use the FCKEditor to edit, say, the news in the middle of the homepage, or for that matter - anywhere I use it, I am getting permission problems. I am not able to create any directories, not can I upload images to the server. I have researched enough to know the upload folder is in the includes/fckeditor folder. I checked the permissions and it doesn't matter whether I have it set to 755 or 777 for the folders (put it back to 755, as that's what it came with). I remember in the old RNuke, when you looked at the directory through the editor, you would always see index.html in each dir. I am not even seeing that. I have verified this on one live site, using it's normal URL, one site that I am using the IP to access, as it it not live yet, as well as the local copy I am editing using XAMPP. None of them work. I am sure this is probably a CHMOD issue somwehere. Possibly Winzip not unzipping SOMETHING with the right permission. I looked at the config js file, but don't think that is something I should be toying with, so I won't. Thanks to anybody who can shed light on this.
Mike

hitwalker
Sells PC To Pay For Divorce

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:32 am Reply with quote

nothing showing in the errorlogs on your server ?

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:16 am Reply with quote

Hitwalker's right - the answer lies in the error log.

ohiodarter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:07 am Reply with quote

My Cpanel Error Log shows nothing. I also have Error Reporting set to TRUE in the config.php file and I am getting nothing there. I started thinking back to problems in the past and thought maybe it could be a basedir problem. If I'm not mistaken though, that option was changed in Apache to accomodate my galleries. I will report back with any findings.

This setting in WHM is unchecked, so we can rule out basedir restrictions...
Enable php open_basedir Protection

Update - Error Log now showing what's happening but I don't know how to fix... These are the errors.

[Mon Apr 2 13:14:41 2007] [error] PHP Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /<removed by admin>/includes/FCKeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/default/connectors/php/commands.php on line 61
[Mon Apr 2 13:14:41 2007] [error] PHP Warning: opendir(/<removed by admin>includes/FCKeditor/upload/Image/) [<a href='function.opendir'>function.opendir</a>]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /<removed by admin>/includes/FCKeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/default/connectors/php/commands.php on line 59
[Mon Apr 2 13:04:10 2007] [error] PHP Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /<removed by admin>/includes/FCKeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/default/connectors/php/commands.php on line 61
[Mon Apr 2 13:04:10 2007] [error] PHP Warning: opendir(/<removed by admin>/includes/FCKeditor/upload/Image/) [<a href='function.opendir'>function.opendir</a>]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /<removed by admin>/includes/FCKeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/default/connectors/php/commands.php on line 59

I checked the directory structure and the /upload/Image/ directory is indeed there. It was set to 755 and I tried it with 777 and no go.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:07 pm Reply with quote

I've removed the part of the address, as we don't want hackers getting hold of it. Wink

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:36 pm Reply with quote

If you have includes/FCKeditor/upload/Image set to 777, it should work.

ohiodarter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:06 pm Reply with quote

I have 2.1 installed on two sites - the one it works on. The other it does not. As mentioned before, 755 or 777, neither one work. Could it be that I am accessing the site by IP, rather than domain name? Doing the editing on the site before we make the DNS changes. I have went further and copied all files in the FKCEditor folder FROM the site that works right to this one - AND went back to a freshly downloaded distro and copied those files in. None of these work. I'm thinking it HAS to be the fact that I am accessing the domain by IP. Everything else is setup the same as the other site. Same server, same everything.

Thanks for removing my info above also. Wasn't thinking when I posted that.

Mike

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:42 pm Reply with quote

Could be - we never tested that way. What is your nuke URL in admin preferences?

ohiodarter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:11 pm Reply with quote

In Preferences, I have it set to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

where obviously, the numbers are my IP and the mydomain is self explanatory. It is the exact URL to the home page (as defined in WHM), minus the index.php. Would the trailing slash throw it off, or the lack of the index.php??? I'll test it both ways and see.

Update - neither seems to make a difference. Take away the slash, add the index.php. Neither work. Going back through all of my config files to make sure that I didn't put a wrong entry in somewhere. This is a simple call to a directory location. It can't be THIS hard. And this is a very important feature to be able to use, as I know on many of my sites, I like to have them built and ready to roll before I make the nameserver changes. At least when I'm gaining a new site.

Thanks for helping me rule this and that out.
Mike

ohiodarter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:33 pm Reply with quote

Just noticed something on the error messages in CPanel. And I made the change on this to say mysite in place of my user.

[Mon Apr 2 18:21:41 2007] [error] PHP Warning: opendir(/home/mysite/pu/~mysite/includes/FCKeditor/upload/Image/) [<a href='function.opendir'>function.opendir</a>]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/mysite/public_html/includes/FCKeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/default/connectors/php/commands.php on line 59

Notice on the top part where it says /mysite/pu/~mysite? What is the "pu" - should that not be "public_html"? It's referring to the proper path in the editor portion, just not the upload path.

ohiodarter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:25 pm Reply with quote

Is nobody else out there editing a site before they make the DNS changes. Myself and the three other designers I know all do this. I hope this is not an option that we will not have due to the fact that we are using IP numbers in place of a domain name. I hope to have this issue resolved this week, as I will be finished with this site and the user MUST have the option to do this when I get done with my work. I'll bet it has something to do with what was in my last message above, but I don't know enough to know where to look at this point.
Thanks in advance for any insight,
Mike

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:15 pm Reply with quote

I have no idea where the /pu/~mysite is coming from. Not sure others are trying to upload pictures through the browser before making DNS changes. It's an interesting test, but, in the interim, why not just FTP the pictures until you have the DNS changes, and test again after making the DNS changes?

ohiodarter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:50 pm Reply with quote

That's what I've been doing, but that means I'm going to have to do everything. I was hoping to let the client test drive this site and make his own postings, as I am pulling him from other methods - Wordpress, etc. Convinced him to go with Nuke and now have to have a bug stop him from really seeing how it works. This may or may not sit well with him, as I have been HARD on the Ravens bandwagon with this project (as well as ALL of my other sites). FWIW, even when uploading the picture through FTP to the Upload/Image folder, it doesn't show up in the File Selection Window, so I can't even let him select photos after I upload them. We have to go to "Source" view and type in the full URL. If I have time, I may use an unused domain of mine and revert back to the previous version of RN and see if the problem exists with it. I have about 70 content pages to post and really don't want to have to go through any additional tedious tasks if I can avoid it. Thanks for trying to help. You helped me BIG TIME on the font issue!!!!!!
Mike

jakec

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:54 am Reply with quote

A temporary sub-domain may be the solution.

ohiodarter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:00 am Reply with quote

The problem with temporary fixes is that it defeats the purpose of using an IP based call to the site. Anytime a designer acquires a site that is currently with ANOTHER designer, do they not quite often set the site up on their server and access it based on the IP address? That may not happen ALL the time, but if you don't want to have to do a ton of renaming and editing, it is ideal. Then, when your client decides it is time to changeover to the "new" site, it is as simple as changing the nameserver settings and the base Nuke URL. Then you are done. The client has no downtime and you don't have to change references to images or anything like that. Your SQL databases are all in place - everything works. Plus, in the event that you HAVE called to a file based on the IP address, it still works, as you can access a website via IP or URL. Granted, many of these things can be accomplished with a subdomain, but I like having the same environment in place that will be there after the site change is made. I.E. Cpanel for the user, etc., etc... I have moved said domain over to a standard URL and the editor works. So it is definitely the fact that it is IP based which is throwing it off. But there is some reason that /public_html/ becomes /pu/ in the reference I made above. I can live with it as long as I can keep my client from wanting anything else. I strictly use Raven on any and all new sites and have no desire to change. I just have a feeling that there will be others that try this, as I know I am not the only out there that does this. I'll live with it for now. What are my alternatives? Get hacked with insecure software? I don't think so... RN it is and RN it will be.........
Mike

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:32 pm Reply with quote

Understood, but we may not be able to get a permanent solution in your timeframe. The editor source is maintained by a different project, so we can try to influence that and look for a solution we can control, but there are no guarantees...

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:16 pm Reply with quote

I tried this on my own server and when using the temporary cpanel access via [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] I experience the exact same issue. When I move the files to to a site that already has the nameseerver DNS propogated it works just fine (after altering the web address in preferences etc.

I do not see any reason why once your DNS has propogated you should still have a problem. The temporay cpanel access is fine for html files but some PHP scripts will not work (as your host should have advised you).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> FCKeditor/WYSIWYG Issues

View next topic
View previous topic