Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> ShortLinks/TegoNuke
mrix
Client

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:24 am Reply with quote

Hello all, I installed the RN yesterday am finding when I apply the short link the security code has gone from the login when clicking on the modules that are html. The short link do actually work but no security code unless I click back to /index.php and its ok again Question
thanks for any help all
mrix

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:21 am Reply with quote

Are you still logged as an admin?

mrix

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:28 am Reply with quote

Hello there, I have tried it logged in with Admin and have tried logged out and still the same thing?
Cheers
mrix

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:17 am Reply with quote

Actual user login captcha is completely controlled via config.php's $gfc_chk setting regardless of whether logged in as admin or not. However, the module SPAM captcha woek as you state jakec. Just wanted to clear that confusion up first.

mrix, this works fine on my sites. Are you, by chance, using any other login block? Are you saying the traditional Your Account "login" is doing the same thing? Also, please state whether you are using the core login components from RN and NOT CNBYA. Thanks.

mrix

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:25 am Reply with quote

Hello I installed a complete fresh install and only used core components.
I actually decided to install twice incase something curupted.
at the moment I have a different userinfo block that I though I would try but that didnt work.
basically with the short urls its not possible to regester as in your account the image has gone also but like I say if I dont use the short urls everything is fine
Cheers
mrix
I really would like to have them though Crying or Very sad

one thing though in my main config my security is this $gfx_chk = 7; do I have to change the
rnconfig.php file to reflect this some how?

$modGFXChk = array(
'Downloads' => 3,
'Feedback' => 3,
'News' => 3,
'Recommend_Us' => 3,
'Reviews' => 3,
'Submit_News' => 3,
'Surveys' => 3,
'Web_Links' => 3

montego

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:44 am Reply with quote

mrix, no, like I was trying to say in my previous post, for the captcha, config.php and rnconfig.php settings are mutually exclusive.

Also, this works perfectly on my site with using the same $gfx_chk setting. The other odd thing is that you are on Raven's servers which should render the new captcha just fine?

Turn ShortLinks off and then capture the link for me for the image and post it back here. I want to see what is different about it.

mrix

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:47 am Reply with quote

Hello again, yes I have a few sites with raven but this specific one I wanted hosting in the UK so I can get it in the UK searches etc. so this site is not on raven hosting, when I turn the short links off the site works fine.
this is the site here
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Cheers
mrix
p,s I`ll turn the short urls off and get that link now

mrix

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:53 am Reply with quote

I have now set the the short urls to false and the security image is back working ok????
Cheers
mrix

montego

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:59 am Reply with quote

Ok, that is definitely what I needed to see. Looks like GD is not compiled with support for FreeType. Check out these threads:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Getting the proper version of FreeType installed into GD is probably your best bet (so that you can take advantage of the new captcha).

rovshan
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:49 am Reply with quote

hello Montego,

I have the same problem....
Here is phpinfo from CGI ADMIn...

GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
FreeType Support enabled
FreeType Linkage with freetype
GIF Read Support enabled
GIF Create Support enabled
JPG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled
XBM Support enabled

So as I understand configuration is OK.....
Any way I don't understand why CAPTCHA works with short link disabled..!? and don't with this this option eneabled !?

Any fresh idea ?

montego

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:42 am Reply with quote

rovshan, this works on RavenNuke out-of-the-box so what have you changed within ShortLinks or RavenNuke? I have been running this on my RavenNuke 2.10.01 site for a long time with no issues.

Maybe try renaming ShortLinks/GTZ-PageTap.php and let me know if that solves the issue. Also, make sure you are running the latest ShortLinks which is now at 1.2.0 (can get from my downloads).

montego

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:27 am Reply with quote

rovshan, just saw your other thread where you said that you have switched off the RavenNuke Captcha and are using the old one. So, this thread does not apply in this case.

In my opinion, you need to get the RavenNuke captcha working before you turn on ShortLinks. The older captcha just doesn't provide you with any measure of security against spammers.

rovshan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:13 am Reply with quote

I reisntalled all captcha related files and now new version of captcha works ok....

thanks for support montego !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> ShortLinks/TegoNuke

View next topic
View previous topic