Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
glidergirl
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:59 pm Reply with quote

Well, this time the boys really did some damage. Because I'm stupid and don't have my hosting with Raven, the annoying hackers became the destructive hackers today. A large part of my site's gone, including all the left navigation. My "god administrator" password is apparently gone.

Any ideas what I can do to get back into the site and see what's been damaged?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:38 pm Reply with quote

Use phpmyadmin to reset your password in the author's table. Or restore the author's table from a known good backup. Probably restore the users table too or at least reset your password there, especially if it's the same as the one in the author's table.

Try to figure out how the hackers got in. You probably should change your passwords on your hosting accounts and ftp and phpmyadmin, especially if you use the same ones.

Depending on whether you have a lot of data on your site you might be better off just reloading it. You don't say what versions of anything you have but RN 2.10 with the latest Sentinel is as secure as you can get.

glidergirl

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:05 pm Reply with quote

fkelley, thank you. I'm not experienced in this, except in getting hacked. I didn't know much about phpmyadmin until now. This information helps a lot. I'll be making changes, for sure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic